Diagnostics Done!!

BlasterChris08

Sep 25, 2008
Rhode Island
Ok guys i figured out whats wrong with the blasty.....first of all there is no spark yet again which means that the spark coil is not functioning so i need another one of those.....then the no compression problem is because the guy who rebuilt my bike never bored the cylinder out after dirt got in....he just tried to buff them out.....therefore the cylinder was not perfectly rounded and running the engine made it worse until i started having bogging problems and eventually no compression at all.......It is bored over right now and the marks are deep so i dont know if i should see about bringing to the machine shop down the road or just get another cylinder....but then it wouldnt be the same size pston i have so idk....what should i do?

but a new cylinder and bore hone and chamfer it. and buy a new piston, rings, wrist pin, circle clips, and top end bearing and gaskets. if your going to take it apart do it right

sleeves are easy to put in
if dirt keeps getting into your cylinder, clean your air filter every once in awhile
and i hope you mean he honed the scratches out

nah dirt dont keep getting in it was cause a stick came up and kicked my loose carb vboot off and dirt got in it.....how much are sleeves....how much does a bore go for and does anyone have a working ignition coil they can send me??

check ebay, or midwestactioncycle.com but it should be real cheap
then you can just buy a $7 spring hone and have it forever