craptastic xmas

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
planned a xmas day ride with some friend sthat do there xmas stuff on xmas eve as we do..

the kxt250 blaster was a whore as always! finished the heat cycles and break in ries lastnight (new rings) he started it up today, idling, than died, wouldnt start and would back fire threw pipe.. it did this last year when it needed a new plug, so he changed plugs and stil the same thing!!

rollin him down to the river, and hooked it to the snomobile and pulled started it, it would run being pulled and pop and bang and sputter, than next thing the kicker is locked tight.. lovedly.. sieced the motor,

so he pulls the clutch off to see if anything got stuck, nope, turn motor over and it sound slike the rings scrapping.. cylinder is mint rings and piston are fine, wayne listens close and the sound and cause of it lockin up or on the flywheel side... pull the cover.. woooo pieces of plastic and magnet!!
as far as we can tell with out a flywheel puller the stator self emploded

on a brighter not the honda 200x ran like a champ like allways!! ill have vid up in a bit

yeah, the day sucked but we have to thank our other friend for borrowing me his sled so that i could go out some with you fed. hopefully it won't take to long to find out what happened (i want to take pix of this cuz i never saw it before) and get it fixed, i really itching to ride the thing cuz the other day she so wanted to get opened up, lol

Tecate flywheels are junk. They blow up all the time. If you can afford it, upgrade to a pvl ignition setup. Even the aftermarket flywheels like the ricky stators are junk.

yeah, got it flywheel off and it looks like one of the magnets let loose and destroyed everything inside, it looks bad. and i was lookin at picking up that system sometime next month when i got the money. it just sucks that this had to happen cuz i was so lookin forward to riding on my week off of work.

here is the damage

IMG00182-20101226-1455.jpg