Crank seal grease and shift problem

Boostwhipped

Jun 11, 2017
Hey guys I need all the help I can get. I'm doing my first full engine rebuild on my yamaha blaster I just put the 2 cases back together I have a few problems. First the crank doesn't spin and freely as it should and I've already tapped on both sides still the same what should I Do? Another problem I don't have pc high performance grease for the seals are there any other kind of grease I can use at the local auto part store? Last question is now I can not turn the sprocket to shift gears is that normal?

1.) A crank is a very sensitive piece of metal. If installed incorrectly it can come out of phase. Just cause they sell presses doesn't mean that it goes in perfect. You can try tapping on it with a rubber mallet from either side and see but again you are hitting a very vital part of the engine. You could also try to install the tool and pull it in a bit more. Either way something is binding up and no guarantees when you need to hit something to manipulate it.

2.)Run what you want but pc grease is the cats bum and known to be great. Others may work but again your decision.

3.) You should be able to bench shift the lower end anytime by spinning the sprocket. If you can't spin the sprocket then something is bound up. I would play with it a bit more and confirm it is stuck. Don't be shy, grab that sprocket and turn it.

I've already spent 2 months trying to get this motor back together so what's another week I'll go ahead and order the pc grease and probably new case bearing just to be on the safe side and redo it all. And the shifting problem something must be binded up then because I can not shift the sprocket at all so I'll look at all that again to. Thanks
Does anyone on here know alot about these that live in the Kansas city area?