Cold weather jetting in illinois sea level

mastuhblastuh

Nov 21, 2016
what up guys! me again!!! i feel like i may already have the answer to this question but i always like to hear what the experience says...
my blaster has a different silencer on it (not sure if its aftermarket or not. i was told it came off a dirtbike) and it also has the airbox cover off of it.

now, i have come to the conclusion that im goint to at least need a 240 main with the air box lid off. but, with it getting a lot colder here lately and only getting colder, would anyone find it wise to say screw it and go with a 250 to be safe?

last but not least i just got a genuine mikuni carb rather than the cheasy junk ass chinese carb that came with the bike. i already have 2 230 mains that came with the carb and im going to purchase a 240 and a 250 today after class gets out. i know richer is better than lean but i want it to run optimal. i know i gotta check the plug to be sure but i want opinions on what experienced riders do in the colder months.

thanks in advance :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...sAQIHw&biw=1440&bih=794#imgrc=zMe2l3J-squ7hM:
Might be able to get some info from looking at this /\/\
I would start with the 250 and do a plug chop or plug "read" and go from there. Keep in mind what temp you check at. If temps drop even more might have to increase jet size. Unless it starts blubbering or fouling plugs you can't hardly be too rich, you'll never burn down.

Be aware you can cold seize no matter what jetting or warm up procedure you use.
After a 2 mile ride to the lake my son cold seized flat out in 6th gear, zero or less temps :(

anything less than 25 degrees i will probably bail... i just want to ride in the snow! thanks for the quick response!!