clutch

hey.I tooked it all back apart again.I see the marks you were talking about.I tried to take the rod out but I couldnt get it out by pulling it.Is there some way of getting the push rod out.

hey.I tooked it all back apart again.I see the marks you were talking about.I tried to take the rod out but I couldnt get it out by pulling it.Is there some way of getting the push rod out.

R U talking about the push rod (inside the clutch shaft) or the push lever outside the cases (connected to the clutch cable)

if its the push rod read the following.

ahh yes the elusive push rod.
You really dont need to take it out, unless your replacing it. But if you are a magnet is suppose to work, I did not have any luck using one, until I got my old push rod out of the trash. put the magnet on one end and inserted the rod into the hole. wala.

Ive got a ? though, you should have the push rod connected to that little nut, so unscrewing the nut should bring that push rod out. (Now inside there is a ball bearing and another push rod, which you dont need to take out to make the adjustment)

If its the push lever, - this you dont need to take out either. Just follow my directions and ask if your confused.

Oh I re-read everything,

your probablly talking about the push lever, and your wanting to check it for scalding. Dont really need to check this unless you cant get the cluthc adjusted correctly, then if thats the case
sounds like your "push rod inside the transmission shaft is in the way, you will have to use the magnet method on the push rod then pry out the push lever to check it for wear. IT should just pull straight up (by prying on it with a pry bar, not a screw driver, make sure you fold up a rag or use a small peice of wood to pry on and not your case.)

well i always thot there was a certain way that the outter plate (the part that you put the springs against) went on that locks in place with the rest of the clutch, u just have to put it on different ways til it goes on the farthest, its hard to explain

im haveing the same exact prob and everything but the plates were replaced inside the clutch idk what to do with thing i could try what u said but ive done it so many times and nothing sometimes it works for about 2 weeks just fine then its terrable an doesnt work

Look for the two dots when assemblying the clutch they must be lined up. The first one is on the clutch hub(the one that fits inside of the basket where the plates fit over) and the second is on the pressure plate. It took me two nights of swearing, assembling, disassembling, assembling, disassembling, it went like this for 2 evenings before I discovered the two dots! After this the clutch worked fine, hope this helps!