CLUTCH PROBLEM!!!!

ROSEYB2PE

Oct 25, 2020
My clutch plates were stuck together so I took everything off and cleaned the plates and put them back on. Everything was back to normal the first night right after I put everything back together. Now when I let my clutch ALL THE WAY OUT my engine starts skipping and jerking the quad. Basically I can’t full throttle it anymore. My gears change perfect, everything is fine until the clutch is FULLY RELEASED. What can this mean?

Sounds like it may be hanging up and disks are slipping.
What did you clean the disks with?
Where they soaked in oil. After being cleand
Ussualy new disks are soaked overnight. Or they may need to be replaced
Did you time the pressure plate? The dot on it must line up with dot on clutch basket?
Also check for excessive groves in clutch basket fingers.they can be filed down some
Just try to take down the same amount off each finger.
Also make sure your clutch is adjusted properly. You have a small amount of free play at clutch lever?

Sounds like it may be hanging up and disks are slipping.
What did you clean the disks with?
Where they soaked in oil. After being cleand
Ussualy new disks are soaked overnight. Or they may need to be replaced
Did you time the pressure plate? The dot on it must line up with dot on clutch basket?
Also check for excessive groves in clutch basket fingers.they can be filed down some
Just try to take down the same amount off each finger.
Also make sure your clutch is adjusted properly. You have a small amount of free play at clutch lever?
The only thing I can think of that you mentioned was probably timing the pressure plate. How do you do so?

The only thing I can think of that you mentioned was probably timing the pressure plate. How do you do so?
It times with clutch hub. Here's a picture
20201027_065840_copy_780x1040.jpg

Also are disks in correctly?fiber first then steel then fiber ect. Ending with a fiber

It sounds like groves in the basket. I would check and file down. Or you can drop some coin on and new hib basket and clutch assembly