Clutch Problem

Jaedan

Jun 27, 2016
To start off I ordered new clutch plates and THEY ARE NOT installed yet. The problem I was having was that the clutch/engine would engage when the lever was almost all the way out. So I thought that was wierd. But then when I started moving the engine would rev way up and then go back down as the speed evened out. This started when I was going down a hill and my chain got wedged rather brutally in between my case and my sprocket. So I thought it might just be the sprocket. Got a new one installed it tested it again and still the same problem. So now I have the clutch plates coming and I don't even know if that was the problem. Anybody know what is going on with it? Or is it just the clutch slipping because of old plates.

To start off I ordered new clutch plates and THEY ARE NOT installed yet. The problem I was having was that the clutch/engine would engage when the lever was almost all the way out. So I thought that was wierd. But then when I started moving the engine would rev way up and then go back down as the speed evened out. This started when I was going down a hill and my chain got wedged rather brutally in between my case and my sprocket. So I thought it might just be the sprocket. Got a new one installed it tested it again and still the same problem. So now I have the clutch plates coming and I don't even know if that was the problem. Anybody know what is going on with it? Or is it just the clutch slipping because of old plates.
fixed.