clutch problem, wtf is happening

aulicino69

Aug 12, 2010
Long Island NY
ok so i got my new clutch and i woke up and went to go put it on. i took out the old pressure plates and sh*t and then i put the new ones in with a plate first and last. the clutch just wont engage. i started it and i pull in the clucth and it seems like there no springs there at all. i put new aprings in there and everyting. also i dont know why but there is a lil room inbewtween the pressure plate. this didnt happen when te stock one was in. also there was a ring that was in there, its not flat its wavy and i dont know if im supposed to put i back in there with the new one or leave it out. when i put the new one on i started it and i pulled the clutch in, put into gear and let out the clutch it didnt even stall, wtf is wrong if anyone would help me that would be really helpful cause my dads gonna kill me if i dont fix this. thanks guys-Angelo

there's a dot on the inner hub, and a dot on the pressure plate, line them up and it'll drop all the way on.

take the pressure plate off and you'll see what i mean

ok do i have to put that wavy ring back ing because theres a space so when the pressure plate is installed the can frelly move around a few cms, is this bad? and what is the lil clutch ball? and one of my screws broke that goes into the pressure plate. is it ok if i ride it with only 4 springs and leave one oue? ive told that this is ok it will make the clutch a lil softer

Yes or it would have had instructions saying to leave it out.

Agreed! mine came with instructions that gave me an option to leave it in or use the full size extra plate and delete it.

check and see your directions. I pretty sure with 7 full size plates you do not use it.