clutch friction plates order

96blaster_200

Oct 10, 2008
i disassembled my clutch from the blaster today and got a new Vito's clutch,there one friction plates that looks smaller then the other and in the original clutch there's some kind of a weird round thin circle(couldn't describe it better and the camera is broken)
what is the order that the clutch discs weird circle goes in?
i have the shop manual and it says nothing about it please help :(

There are 2 different size friction plates. there should be ONE friction plate that has a bigger inside diameter than the other 5 plates have a smaller inside diameter. First put on one normal size friction plate with smaller inside diameter and then slide the metal plate over that. then put the ONE friction plate with the larger inside diameter on with the cushioning spring. Then stagger the each metal plates with a 60 degree angle with the rest of the friction plates put in between each metal plate.
hope this helps ya.

Reactions: Butch
refer to this for the order has nice pics. http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf Pages 111-112. I would do what phragle says is you can. If your replacing them find the best old one and use it in place of the spring one. If you have a good one that is. More surface area on that friction will grab a little better. I think the previous owner did the same to mine.

Last edited: