Clutch Boss Nut

Only the fact that it only worked while the engine was running, but that never bothered me and isn't the reason I took it off...

I snapped two the first time I put my clutch back together right after I bought the Blaster. I have to say, I was mightly concerned that a steel bolt would snap before an aluminum thread would strip. When the 2nd one snapped, I tested my BRAND NEW torque wrench, and I realized I wasn't used to the clicker on it, it was much lighter than my 20-180 ft-lb torque wrench and I couldn't feel it or hear it (music was off). So I just went back to what I described above, kinda trusting the tension of the spring (why do they torque those screws with that much of a spring anyway, helical spring washers have about the same amount of tension once as when you compress the spring that much...give or take), but also adding the Loctite (right or wrong) for reassurance. I will say, I only added the loctite to the threads about 3/4 toward the head and only a very light dot on the screw (yes I know it "spreads" when you thread them in) that covers 2 threads...just enough for the friction.

I snapped two the first time I put my clutch back together right after I bought the Blaster. I have to say, I was mightly concerned that a steel bolt would snap before an aluminum thread would strip. When the 2nd one snapped, I tested my BRAND NEW torque wrench, and I realized I wasn't used to the clicker on it, it was much lighter than my 20-180 ft-lb torque wrench and I couldn't feel it or hear it (music was off). So I just went back to what I described above, kinda trusting the tension of the spring (why do they torque those screws with that much of a spring anyway, helical spring washers have about the same amount of tension once as when you compress the spring that much...give or take), but also adding the Loctite (right or wrong) for reassurance. I will say, I only added the loctite to the threads about 3/4 toward the head and only a very light dot on the screw (yes I know it "spreads" when you thread them in) that covers 2 threads...just enough for the friction.

Do not use loctight on the cltch spring bolts! No reason for that at all. A dab on the center adjusting rod nut is a good idea however!

I use a nut driver or if i have it available i use 1/4" rachet socket, 4.3 ftlbs, James' son could do that! that's is snug not OMG tight fellers!

The bolts do feel abit wobbly are they suppose to?

Not in particular.... they should go in fairly tight.

Has this clutch ever had any trouble before?

No threads should ever be "wobbly". If you thread the screw all the way in until it bottoms out, or the head is just off what it is supposed to clamp to, and the threads are wobbly, they have been lapped or worn too much. There are simple (buying new parts) and there are more experienced (drilling and tapping to the next size if you have enough material) ways of fixing.

Do not use loctight on the cltch spring bolts! No reason for that at all. A dab on the center adjusting rod nut is a good idea however!

I use a nut driver or if i have it available i use 1/4" rachet socket, 4.3 ftlbs, James' son could do that! that's is snug not OMG tight fellers!

Who is James?

Already did, :(, sorry! It made me feel a little better. Pulllleeeeeezzzeeeee forgive me......8-|

A person who searches for hidden things, kinda like a scavenger hunt, using multimillion dollar government satellites, in the woods.