cheapest upgrades

Dympace

Jan 13, 2009
Whats the cheapest performance upgrades for a 1991 blaster?? only have a power core silencer on it.

cheapest would be removing airbox lid. but best performance for price would be porting BUT almost as good as that, that should be done before is a pipe. not a fmf fatty or sst. another brand like dyno port, f7, toomey, shearer.

but when you remove the lid, you have to rejet to make up for the more air flowing in. more air = more fuel which ends up as more power. but what main jet are you running right now?

best mod to a blaster is a pipe....dispite what 89custom says FMF is fine for a stock motor for trail riding...thats what it was built for so use it for that. If you have a P&P then yea get one of the brands he mentioned.

i have a fmf on ported stroked blasty and it runns like a rapped ape. i have vids to prove it so dont doubt it!! by far not the best top end pipe but is is excellent low to mid

I would say the cheapest upgrade is some good ol elbow grease, as they say cleanliness is next to godliness, oh and cant go wrong with stickers either just be sure to rejet after every 5 stickers added

Ok thanks guys. I just bought a throttle response kit at my local quad dealer, they said it was a good buy and i broke my throttle cable anyway.

Best bang for the buck is deff porting, but as said before you will want a new pipe. Which one really depends on how much you plan to do to the motor and what kind of riding you are going to do. This is one place where planning ahead will pay off big in the end and save a bunch of money. One thing to keep in mind is the stock carb is almost to small to start with so with a few mod your going to start fighting the carb to get more fuel.

I highly suggest that you start with suspension though, it wont do much good to have a fast motor if you cant hang on.