cheap mods

slap on a nice pipe, fmf or whatever, a nice filter, uni or no toil, some reeds, boyeson are cheaper but vforce much better, maybe advance your timing a tad, read up in diy. rejet the carb, maybe look at getting a 28 or 30mm. a good port and head job will sort you out with power. Handling wise get hold of some spacers for front and rear and some better tires for the back, Kenda klaw 20/11/8 is what i run at the back. the list is endless, depends on what your definition of cheap is...

Last edited:
cheap mods..... ummm
remove air box lid and change jetting, should cost around $10
you can using some caulk and seal one end of your handlebar, fill it with sand then seal the other end, make sure the seal is around 1" thick. helps reduce vibrations, aorund $5.
some banshee front shocks and a 400ex rear with bushing kit, can get those total for around $125.
used FMF pipe is around $100-$150

Advancing timing yourself: $10(flywheel puller)
Uni Air Filter+Filter Oil: $30
Shave front fenders: Practically free
Jet properly for modded setup: varies depending on number of plug chops
Wally World headlights: $30
Take baffle out of stock silencer: free
Take air box lid off(may need to rejet): free
Flip front rims for added width up front(88-02 models): free

basic mods:
-performance
fmf pipe (100-150 used)
remove airbox lid
uni filter(around 30 with oil)
-looks
yfz450/z400 heelguards (maybe 30)
cut fenders(free)
-handling
400ex/z400 rear shock(around $50)
banshee front shocks(around $70)
spacers(depends what brand)

heres what i would do with a low budget, it helps to slowly upgrade then buy a bunch of sh*t and blow all your cash

suspension:banshee front shocks, flip your front wheels around, run a 300ex rear shock
performance:K&N air filter, rejet your carb, adjust your timing change gearing up
looks: cut plastics, STICKERS! <they add horsepower, all in all look on this site and you will get the MOD bug! have fun with your blaster

i put hel stainless lines on my quad all round it makes a big improvement and +2 axle you can also make your own skid plate and air scoops i making both at the moment i'm using 3mm alumium but u can make it thicker or u can make out of stainless as for power look out for performance goodies and see if you can get a good on a exhaust

Advancing timing yourself: $10(flywheel puller)
Uni Air Filter+Filter Oil: $30
Shave front fenders: Practically free
Jet properly for modded setup: varies depending on number of plug chops
Wally World headlights: $30
Take baffle out of stock silencer: free
Take air box lid off(may need to rejet): free
Flip front rims for added width up front(88-02 models): free

What does taking the baffle's out of a stock exhaust do ?

What does taking the baffle's out of a stock exhaust do ?

It breathes a little bit better. The gain in power isn't really noticeable, but when my buddies Blaster was stock(and mine was stock with baffle out), I was always a LITTLE BIT faster than he was and I was close to due for a rebuild. It's not really worth the effort if you are jut getting a pipe.