changing gaskets

ross parenteau

May 3, 2015
im new to this fourm and I have just bought a 1992 blaster and I need to know more about changing gaskets the previous owner did a very bad job replacing them when he took it all apart and there is a few small leaks where it is seaping out so I bought a whole gasket kit and im going to replace all the gaskets I need some help on how to do them all

Top end gasket kit?

if you have any green paper gaskets you should start by ordering the right (oem) gaskets

easiest is kenoconnorracing.com

Top end gasket kit?

if you have any green paper gaskets you should start by ordering the right (oem) gaskets

easiest is kenoconnorracing.com
its leaking out the base gasket and on the crankcase gasket but the previous owner did a pretty shafty job on all them I can tell just by looking at it so im changing all them

on the crankcase gasket
Do you mean between the two case halves? There is not a gasket here, they are joined together using yamabond. If it was ran with these airleaks it would be wise to check compression first, and check the condition of the cylinder/piston when you have it apart. Also would be wise to go ahead and replace the crank bearings and seals if you have to split the cases. As herp said no green paper, use oem or cometic gaskets

Do you mean between the two case halves? There is not a gasket here, they are joined together using yamabond. If it was ran with these airleaks it would be wise to check compression first, and check the condition of the cylinder/piston when you have it apart. Also would be wise to go ahead and replace the crank bearings and seals if you have to split the cases. As herp said no green paper, use oem or cometic gaskets
ok thanks for the help