Can only idle right on full choke? Im a noob

Monkeyblaster

Dec 15, 2012
Minnesota
Since im not too good with 2 strokes yet, and im new here, I needed help fixing my carb or whatever is wrong with my blaster.. I got the blaster after my old 3 wheeler was stolen X( and the guy My dad bought it from owns a salvage place. He said he replaced the carb on it because it wasnt the original carb (?) and put the correct one on there he tried starting it and it revved wide open and he couldnt get it to shut off (someone messed with the kill switch when adding a kill tether).. Im sure my blaster needs to be rejetted because it has a full (leaky) lrd exhaust and i cant find a way to fix the leaking. Anyways, So when my dad and I brought it home, the day after we got it we started it up with no choke... The machine revved up uncontrolably like a bat out of hell and i pulled the choke all the way out then it lowered back down to a reasonable idle. I let it run for about 5 minutes then turned the choke back off and it revved up wide open again. i turned on half choke and it lowered a little bit but not where it should be.. i pulled the choke out and rode it around for a few minutes.. ran fine. Noticed a terrible vibration and misfire at lower rpms when getting onto the throttle.. after it hits the power band it is fine though. I havent dinked with the jets or air screw or anything.. all i did was clean the carb, Thing looked like it was brand new to begin with.. So can anyone tell me what the problem might be? i dont think its the main seal.. or if that has anything to do with it. anyways... Thanks in advance!

my guess is theres a airleak somewere, reason is becuase the choke richens the mix and cuts off the air, and if theres a airleak then its sucking air in somewere else therefor if the choke is all the way in it will bog or not run right becuase theres to much air

Tors and everything is removed... air filter and lid are secure... Pictures arecrappy.. shivering my ass off in the 20 degree weather... i dont have time to dig into the carb.. i might be able to tommorow though ive got more pictures... only thought those were relevant.. i know it has some goopy oil stuff covering the bottom side of the motor..

Attachments

• random 258.jpg
    random 258.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 235
  • random 259.jpg
    random 259.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 269
  • random 260.jpg
    random 260.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 210
  • random 261.jpg
    random 261.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 218
  • random 262.jpg
    random 262.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 235
More? heh cant tell if you can see the LRD too good... someone spray painted it along the road

Attachments

• random 264.jpg
    random 264.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 218
  • random 266.jpg
    random 266.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 254
  • random 267.jpg
    random 267.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 240
  • random 268.jpg
    random 268.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 244
  • random 263.jpg
    random 263.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 228
its probally a airleak. its sucking in air somewehere and leaning out the mixture causing it to idle way high. plus its cold as hell where your at you said so thats making it even leaner, dont even start it up untill you fix the problrm, you will fry your motor

? ive ridden it about 6 times since for about 15 minutes.. i figured that if its running right with the choke on just leave it on? i dont know..

How would i do that? haha Can you guys tell what year my blaster is i cant figure it out.. it has a white nose cone.. i spray painted it black...

my guess is theres a airleak somewere, reason is becuase the choke richens the mix and cuts off the air , and if theres a airleak then its sucking air in somewere else therefor if the choke is all the way in it will bog or not run right becuase theres to much air

Misinformation right here ^^^^^ Would you care to explain how and where it "cuts off the air" ??

It is really not a choke, it is an Enrichening circut
A choke is a mechanical device that closes off, restricts, or chokes the air flow.

X-222 on not riding until air leak is fixed. Or continue riding and when it blows up we can give more expensive advice on getting it rebuilt, your choice really. You can get lots of help and advice for free on here, your choice to take it or not. 8-|

The Runaway engine is your clue that something is REALLY WRONG . Might not be anything wrong with wires/switches, as at a certain point a Blaster can run just like a RC car