Can anyone help?

Jre720

Dec 26, 2016
IMG_3220.JPG
Hey guys new to the forum and also new to blasters just picked one up with a blown top end I was tearing it down today and was wondering is there any trick to getting the exhaust off of the studs? It's an fmf exhaust it just doesn't have much room to get out it also does have skid plates ...also the carb slide is very badly scored any ideas on why?

Attachments

• IMG_3222.JPG
    IMG_3222.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3236.JPG
    IMG_3236.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 261
Remove the silencer 1st. Then remove the spring on the exhaust that connects to the engine. There is a bolt under the hood at top of the exhaust pipe you need to remove. You don't need to remove the exhaust flange that is held on with the studs. Also make sure you have your plastics all off as it will make it easy.

Oh wow so it comes out of the smaller hole? Not the whole flange and all? Even on this fmf aftermarket pipe?

Sweet thanks I got it out ..but left off not getting the front 2 headbolts off as I had to head out for the day wil finish tomorow but got my top end ordered along with a carb rebuild kit as well

idk dont worry about it.... the slide is black because of the air i think.... ever look at the back side of a butterfly valve for you throttle on a car? and inside your intake manifold... well its all nasty and black.

Ehh good point lol I'll just slap it back together while I have this thing apart should I delete the TORS system also the oil that u mix in the back is deleted so u put a premix right into the tank is there anything else that needs to be deleted since that is gone?