Boost Bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
I see some people on here have a Boost bottle.Any links or info on it?I like to know what it is and what it will do. I:I

boost bottle.....leaks air, looks pretty, costs too much money to worry about....spend your money on something more effective....

yea theres a whole science behind what a boost bottle is/does. i bought one for my goped b/c it was $10 but it didnt do sh*t. nos is completely different. lol

My Banshee came with one and it doesn't do anything. I take that back, it DID rip the intake boot and cause an airleak which then made my my motor go boom! They're junk, don't waste your money.

On a single cylinder like a Blaster a boost bottle won't do anything for you but on a twin like a Banshee a boost bottle should make a small difference. A lot of twins have boost bottles stock to run best.

Banshees have what's called a "crossover tube" from one intake boot to the next to ensure that each cylinder is receiving equal amounts of fuel/air mixture. A boost bottle is merely a larger crossover tube and serves no purpose on a Banshee but the manufacturer's pocketbook. The added mass makes it more likely to rip the intake boots as I have stated, and the idea of "dumping a readily available fuel/air charge into the cylinder" makes no sense. But I polished mine, and damn does it look cool under there...

Here's the straight answer. Somebody stop me if it seems that I'm turning into professor Nick. Lol. I'm not an authority on Blasters by any means, but I love sharing what I know...

A boost bottle is a small canteen or bottle mounted on the intake boot of a 2-stroke engine. It acts like a 'catch can' for un-burned fuel. See, when a 2-stroke engine accelerates, it's demand for fuel obviously increases. However, when you let off the throttle, this thirst for fuel is suddenly quenched. The 'signal' to the carbuetor is altered, and the carb. backs off on fuel delivery. In the milliseconds after the throttle snaps shut, though, some unburned fuel splashes back from the crankcase of the engine. Usually, this splashed-back fuel returns to the carbuertor, which doesn't hurt anything. But, this partially-vaporized fuel lingering in the throat of the carbuetor has to go back into the engine when the throttle opens once more. It does, along with the incoming fresh charge from the carburetor. Too much gas, all at once.

Fuel splashback has been said to cause a momentary hesitation upon sudden acceleration when you are riding. It is this 'issue' that a boost bottle seeks to address. The theory being that splashed-back fuel goes into the boost bottle instead of the carbuetor. It is supposedly stored there until needed, and then drips back into the intake during the next drop in pressure. Sounds good. Boost bottles are therefore advertised as increasing throttle response. Do they work? Maybe. They don't increase HP (sorry, no NOS here !X( ). They don't improve reliability. Does a boost bottle increase throttle response? Some will say so. They may work to some degree, but... How many racers do you see with BB's? Exactly. If it doesn't work for the pros, it's a gimmick in my book.

I'd rather put the $ 30 - $ 50 cost of a boost bottle towards a set of race-proven VF3 reeds. Installing a boost bottle on a Blaster will require you to cut a hole in your stock intake boot. Do - able? Sure? But, do you really want to create another potential engine-wrecking air leak by making this cut? I don't.

Reactions: J4M1E333
Status
Not open for further replies.