Blue needle pin in carb???

Blaster 326

Jan 21, 2009
My Blasters been running like crap,Constantly loading up if i'm not all over it.So reading all the posts that I have, I thought it was the temp change and jetting.Long story short,my reed cage has a gouge in the tip under a reed.That explains the loading up.v force delta 3 time.Anyway,When I took the carb out, I noticed the needle pin is blue,and there is wear on the pin down to the Aluminum,through the blue color.I have never seen a blue needle pin..Anyone have any knowledge about this?? Obviously I need to rebuild,but what does the blue needle represent? I also noticed that the top overflow on the inside of the carb[on the outside of the carb,kicker side] has been blocked off. Any reasons??

My Blasters been running like crap,Constantly loading up if i'm not all over it.So reading all the posts that I have, I thought it was the temp change and jetting.Long story short,my reed cage has a gouge in the tip under a reed.That explains the loading up.v force delta 3 time.Anyway,When I took the carb out, I noticed the needle pin is blue,and there is wear on the pin down to the Aluminum,through the blue color.I have never seen a blue needle pin..Anyone have any knowledge about this?? Obviously I need to rebuild,but what does the blue needle represent? I also noticed that the top overflow on the inside of the carb[on the outside of the carb,kicker side] has been blocked off. Any reasons??

I was told the blue needle is in Vito's jet kit. Which is what I'm guessing you are using.

Take a pic of whats blocked off. Doesnt sound like it should be like that. Feel free to steal a picture from the DIY carb cleaning thread and post it back with the part your talking about circled.

Take a pic of whats blocked off. Doesnt sound like it should be like that. Feel free to steal a picture from the DIY carb cleaning thread and post it back with the part your talking about circled.

well,although the tutorial was great,no pictures of the side of the carb i need to show,but there is an overflow on the bottom of the side of the carb without the choke.Directly above that it appears to be another overflow,my buddys carb has a tube running out of his,mine is capped w/a red soft rubber cap..?? Also,on the choke side of the carb,directly next to the fuel inlet is an open hole,photo # 2 shows the "Hole" I speak of,well mine has a small bolt in it,And on the opposite side too...HMMMM Thoughts??? Thanks......

well,although the tutorial was great,no pictures of the side of the carb i need to show,but there is an overflow on the bottom of the side of the carb without the choke.Directly above that it appears to be another overflow,my buddys carb has a tube running out of his,mine is capped w/a red soft rubber cap..?? Also,on the choke side of the carb,directly next to the fuel inlet is an open hole,photo # 2 shows the "Hole" I speak of,well mine has a small bolt in it,And on the opposite side too...HMMMM Thoughts??? Thanks......

Anyone??????

Well, From my understanding,the blasters came with a 26mm carb from factory.I was told when buying that it is a 28mm.I didnt confirm if it is 28mm or the stock 26mm,I don't know how to as of yet...Hint But would you put a vito's jet kit in a stock carb or bump up a carb, then put in a jet kit.?I know that i would bump up first, but i'm kinda new with the 2 strokes, so i don't know quite how it all works, or how true the guy before me was

ya the capped off is where the oil injector is suppose to run into the carb. i bet u have a stock carb that has been bored to 28mm. the bolt in it is probally for adjustable main jet. and yes blue needle is vitos!