Blaster wont start HELP!!!!

Chris Hicks

Aug 11, 2014
So i was riding the other day then all of sudden the bike just cut off. It sounds like it wants to start up when i kick it, but for some reason it wont turn all the way over... any idea what this may be

i'd be checking for a fouled plug or broken reed petal
try a new plug, then pull carb and look in with a flashlight for all 4 reed petals present and in good condition

Pull the plug and see if the ground electrode is smashed over or there are little silver dots on the plug. If so, that's the signs of piston failure. If the plug looks good, put the plug into the boot, lay it on the head, kick it over to check for spark. If it has spark, do a compression check. Do NOT take the head off to "have a look", without 1st doing a leakdown test. If you see the plug as mentioned above, pull the exhaust and look to see if you have a broken piston skirt. If the exhaust side of the skirt is broke off, it will not start.

Pull the plug out today and it was covered in fuel, and black.. Put a fresh plug in and tried and it still wouldnt start.. So i took the plug out and kicked it over like suggested and im def getting spark.. Have to get a compression tester tommorow and ill do that as well.. im hoping its not the top end..

Prolly better for it than starting fluid or carb cleaner.:D:D:eek:

Thanks everyone for all you guys help. It ended up being the reed flapper.. One had broken off, replaced it with the Vito racing flappers and it's purrs like a 2 stroke kitten..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 172