Blaster throttle stuck pinned

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I have a 1998 yamaha blaster all stock bored .20 fresh. new gaskets and piston. Tried 2 different carbs and brand new reeds and the throttle is stuck pinned. What is wrong with this thing?

is the TORS box still installed? you know on top of the carb. if its unhooked it could still hang up. sounds like it to me unless something is haywire in the throttle housing or the cable itself.

TORS brick is still there but i cut out all the tors wires and everything inside the throttle housing is normal.

TORS usually stops it from running...
You got an air leak somewhere or a sticky throttle cable.

TORS brick is still there but i cut out all the tors wires and everything inside the throttle housing is normal.

okay then. that's your issue more than likely. the TORS can still get hung up even though not hooked in. take the cover off the side of the mechanism and check the cable.

If it starts and runs flat out with the choke on I would suspect an air leak somewhere.

Might pay to do a leak down test.

Pull the air cleaner rubber off and find out if the carb slide is bottoming out to where it should be.

If there is no air leak the only other way air can get in is past the carb slide.

Is the throttle cable free and adjusted for a little slack at idle?

Is the spring in between the slide and the cap.

Does it rev out from idle or do you have to push the throttle wide open for it to stick?
My carb slide used to stick after tapping to WOT for a second. Throttle cable was worn and snagging. New cable fixed it.

What happened a while later was the needle was coming out of its seat at WOT. I'd have to pump the throttle till it found the seat again. Dont ask me how but a reassemble fixed it.

is the slide in the carb with the pin aligned, it only goes one way