Blaster Starting Issues.

J

Jmoney0001

I have a 2004
I was blazin the other day and it just bogged out. It wouldn't start after about 30 min of just kicking it. I burned all of the fuel out of the tubes. And it would start for like 2 seconds and it would just die out. I changed out the sparks and it will hold if I hold the throttle down but it's not goin pwerful. I con't even get out of neutral. So now I'm lost as to what to do. My friend Brian said it may be the carb but he's never heard of this before.

I have no idea wht to do this is my second forum trying to find the answer

put this in the engine forum. i was the one who told you to come to this forum.

I have a 2004
I was blazin the other day and it just bogged out. It wouldn't start after about 30 min of just kicking it. I burned all of the fuel out of the tubes. And it would start for like 2 seconds and it would just die out. I changed out the sparks and it will hold if I hold the throttle down but it's not goin pwerful. I con't even get out of neutral. So now I'm lost as to what to do. My friend Brian said it may be the carb but he's never heard of this before.

We need more info.
you say it sparks and it will hold.
What does that mean?
you cant get out of neurtal at all?

It will shift. Ok, so it sparks and if you hold the throttle at full, then it will just barely keep on, going into 1st ya know how the rpm's go down some, well i can't get them high enough to get it out of neutral. I am very new with all of this so it could be something that you guys just think is easy. I'm sorry for my lack of engine knowledge. I'm just getting into the sport. And the gas is on. haha I know some stuff about this.

If you can do a search or browse around the Support and Engine section, you will find a few posts that may help you. You might try PM-ing members such as 'jlsparky7' as well...

Here are a few things you need to do, check your spark by pulling the plug an sitting it next to your cylinder kick it over an have a friend watch make sure the spark is blue, if so you got good fire put your plug back an that.

If that isn't it then pull your carb off an clean it out, once you have the bowl off hold the carb in your hand with the float hanging down plug your fuel line into the carb an turn the gas on make sure it's not clogged, if that isn't clogged pull your main jet an your pilot jet out an blow them out an any dirty in them if there is, blow through the holes that the jets go in.

If that's all clean then i would reccomend having a compression check done, you should be running anywhere from 120 to 135PSI if not it's time for a rebuild, You also want to order an oil injection block off kit an run premix just so your no taking a chance of your oil injector seizing or the lines gettin clogged.

Most of the people here have hit the nail on the head as far as what you should check for. I will sum all of it up for you and add in what I think it may be. You said you have a consistant spark so I wont mention that. Here are some things you should try.

1. Fresh gas and oil.
It doesnt matter if you just filled it up it could still be bad gas straight out of the pump.

2. If you have taken your carb apart there is the possibility that you put the carb slide in backwords.
Check my how-to rebuild your carb post on how it should go back together.

3. Your problem might be that your clutch is out of adjustment and is always engaged.
That would explain the lack of power and the trouble starting, as well as the trouble getting out of neutral. There should be a slight amount of freeplay in the clutch lever. It shouldnt be completely tight.

We need as much information as possible to help give you an accurate idea of what the problem is. Anything that you think might have something to do with your problem you should let us know.

3. Your problem might be that your clutch is out of adjustment and is always engaged.
That would explain the lack of power and the trouble starting, as well as the trouble getting out of neutral. There should be a slight amount of freeplay in the clutch lever. It shouldnt be completely tight.
QUOTE]

I belive what he means by not get out of neutral is like if he puts it in first it won't gain enough RPM's to get it moving without stalling, an he says he has to hold it full throttle just to get it to run.

Could be gas in the carb.

Alright so when I kick it with the new spark plug it barely holds at full rev. Like the RPM's aren't going anywhere. When I say I can't get out of neutral I mean the RPM loss when shifting into first the RPM's are so low I can't get out. Yea the gas was the first thing I checked. It's on. To get it to start though, with old spark plug, you have to turn off the gas and put he choke on after about 2 min of that it;it'll start and have power but very limited time. So, I tried to turn it all on the second i dd it bogged out. I hope that's what you're lookin for

Alright so you turn the gas off then you still hold it then like it will get a power gain at a certain point? Sounds like your running way rich.

When it starts running out of fuel is when it runs good you say. Your deff running way to rich if that's the case.

Alright I don't have any engine mods I have a toomey B1 full exhaust and an UNI air filter with lid removed clened the filter not long ago. I might have new reeds. I am the second owner I have had it for about 1 1/2 years now. How do I lower the needle. what kind of gas should I get? and how much is block off kit? 01 blaster freak I think you know what's up. Should I cyphen the gas and put in new or can I drain by sittin it up and turnin on the gas and just lettin it pour. I am just learnin about this engine, sorry.

I really would like to mod it for the dunes but since we moved to the east coast I see no point in it yet, Used to live in Vancouver WA