blaster runs but needs tunning.

joe97038

Jul 13, 2011
Oregon
my blaster runs but it take about 4 kicks and then it doesnt idle well until i've run it a few minutes. im sure my carb is out of whack plus i lost one the idle screws on the side of my mikuni carb. well i guess they are all mikuni if they are all blasters (stock anyway.) I was wondering if any one had any tips of tuning a carb and where i can replace one of my idle screws. also if any one has tips on how to repair exhaust leaks that would also be helpful thanks alot to all you blaster experts out there.

if its on the side of your stock carb then more than likely it wasnt an idle screw it was a fuel mix screw. which if you dont have it wont be adjusted correctly. first off do you have any mods? if not then the jetting should be fine. next go to a dealer and get the screw you need and replace it... the screw should be turn the whole way in to stop then out 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns any more or less and you need to adjust the pilot jet. this should fix your problems if not you may have bigger issues.

my blaster runs but it take about 4 kicks and then it doesnt idle well until i've run it a few minutes. im sure my carb is out of whack plus i lost one the idle screws on the side of my mikuni carb. well i guess they are all mikuni if they are all blasters (stock anyway.) I was wondering if any one had any tips of tuning a carb and where i can replace one of my idle screws. also if any one has tips on how to repair exhaust leaks that would also be helpful thanks alot to all you blaster experts out there.

Missing an idle screw is definitely the problem. You are going to want to replace that. Also where is this exhaust leak on the exhaust? Pipe? Silencer? In between pipe and jug?

surferjag: when i hit the throttle is makes a sharp wheezing noise every so many seconds. i think i may be affecting back pressure. and its hard to tell where its leaking from cause it only makes the sounds when i hit the throttle. unless you guys know how i can tell easily. ?

there is no damage. i was riding in my field that is very bumpy where my exhaust meets engine came lose so i put a couple screws in it which was probably not the best idea. i also put one screw where the the muffler (new to parts terms.) meets what i believe is my silencer.

oh sh!t. do you put oil in the gas? or do you fill the oil tank on the back of the bike under the seat? thats for the engine. to oil the tranny you take the drain plug out of the bottom of the engine on the very bottom. let it drain for 20-30 min. then take the cap off the oil fill on the brake pedal side of the engine and fill it with 650ml of your favorite tranny lube. mine is belray 80w

haha yeah if i didnt then my blaster would have long been toast.

thanks for all your guys help so far. i will try and get pictures up next week of where i believe my exhaust is leaking from. and i did order a new air screw and this time i will make sure its actually in the thread lol. for now i will be no where near my atv for the weekend. but i really do appreciate how people on hear know just about every thing and are willing to help.