Blaster only start at half throttle

Artem A

Jan 23, 2016
First quad i got...So I just finished rebuilding my bottom end put it all together and tried to fire up the quad. I got the blaster in pieces so I hasn't ran recently. Only thing I did to it was port the head a little new piston and rings new crank and that's pretty much it. Fmf fatty and idk what kind of silencer stock mikuni 26mm carb with 300 main jet uni pod filter. Fresh 32:1 gas mix cleaned the piss out of the carb adjusted the float airscrew is 1.5 turns out. It only runs if I hold throttle half open. Any more or less it will die. Plug gets fouled so I'm assuming its running a little rich.. Any help will be great thanks

I'd definitely leak test after a fresh build. Not sure what other guys do but when I do a total rebuild like that I leak test it before it goes back in the frame. Just easier to do with it on your work bench. I'd check compression too. Just eliminates those two for peace of mind. Even though everything is new it doesn't mean it won't leak

I'd definitely leak test after a fresh build. Not sure what other guys do but when I do a total rebuild like that I leak test it before it goes back in the frame. Just easier to do with it on your work bench. I'd check compression too. Just eliminates those two for peace of mind. Even though everything is new it doesn't mean it won't leak
Yea for sure. I'll go get the tester and let you know what I come up with

Yes sir. Don't put too much pressure in, only about 6 or 7psi is what I usually do. You just don't want to blow out your crank seals. Kinda defeats the purpose of what you're trying to do.

Hopefully you replaced those 24yr old crank seals :rolleyes:
When you cleaned carb did you make sure air will blow through all passages? Cleaned choke circut? Able to see through pilot jet?
Might not hurt to double check float height?
If you were to try to start it with new plug and no throttle, what does plug look like? Wet/dry?

Hopefully you replaced those 24yr old crank seals :rolleyes:
When you cleaned carb did you make sure air will blow through all passages? Cleaned choke circut? Able to see through pilot jet?
Might not hurt to double check float height?
If you were to try to start it with new plug and no throttle, what does plug look like? Wet/dry?
Haha yea the seals were changed all around. I used cometic gaskets. I didn't clean the choke but I could see thru the pilot jet I know I checked that and I blew it out pretty good. Plug is really wet. It's definitely running way too rich

Hey, just have to ask. Ya never know.

TORS and parking brake limited removed/elimited? No personal experience, but have seen mention of filter on carb causing tuning issues. What is needle set at?

So, will not idle or run at anything other than 1/2 ? What's it sound like when it is running?

Hey, just have to ask. Ya never know.

TORS and parking brake limited removed/elimited? No personal experience, but have seen mention of filter on carb causing tuning issues. What is needle set at?

So, will not idle or run at anything other than 1/2 ? What's it sound like when it is running?
tors and parking brake are removed I'm running it without a filter as of right now.