blaster missing no power

johann

Dec 1, 2014
Hi all new to this site and I need help. All the way from south africa. Just bought a 2006 special edition blaster. Had the piston redone and cleaned the carb and new spark plug. But every now and again the bike goes then looses power.??? Fuel lines was very dirty cleaned it and still the same problem please please help...

Has the engine been leak tested since re build?

Welcome from Aussie.

Please keep to only one post on the same subject, it helps avoid confusion, your duplicate thread has been removed.

Last edited:
Has the engine been leak tested since re build?

Welcome from Aussie.

Please keep to only one post on the same subject, it helps avoid confusion, your duplicate thread has been removed.
. Ok thanks wont happen again.

They said it was leak tested how do I check with out taking it in??

The yamaha dealer said I must use octane boost to clean out the system that might be the problem.

The yamaha dealer said I must use octane boost to clean out the system that might be the problem.

ah yeah, i'll bet they had bottles of octane boost for sale for $15 a bottle too ?
stay out of that place if thats the bad advice they're offering

But every now and again the bike goes then looses power.??? Fuel lines was very dirty cleaned it and still the same problem please please help...

i'd be looking at more, or left over, dirt still clogging the petcock screens in the tank, or possibly got by while you were cleaning it and are now clogging jets in the carb.

drain tank and remove petcock (fuel shut off valve)
gently clean the screens or replace.
clean the carb again, set float height and adjust airscrew.

DIY's on those subjects:

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-clean-your-carbureutor.254/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/float-heights-and-how-to-adjust-them.50565/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

build your own leakdown tester and how to use it :
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/build-and-use-a-leakdown-tester.10663/

Reactions: speedyslyder
who rebuilt top end?
what type of plug?
what is it premixed at? or is oil injection still there?
Hello all.

Thanks for all the help. Just one thing. The bike runs well when on the reserve tank no problems only when I use the normal fuel setting. Can this still be a dirty carb or fuel line???

Hello all.

Thanks for all the help. Just one thing. The bike runs well when on the reserve tank no problems only when I use the normal fuel setting. Can this still be a dirty carb or fuel line???

there are 2 seperate filter screens on the petcock up in the tank, one for each setting.
sounds like your normal on screen is clogged. it is the taller of the 2.
time to drain the tank and pull the petcock to have a look

Reactions: speedyslyder
fuel 1.jpg
fill the tank completly and see if it still does it'
i know there was a recall on the rubber piece that stops it from leaking out of the petcock ,that piece could have come apart blocking it as well.....pull the gas line off carb end turn gas on see if it flows after you fill it...also make sure the gas cap is ventilating propely.....and all the advice above:) part #7 was a recall when they started adding ethanol or summin to the gas it broke the rubber down and would leak out the petcock..so if you see an alternate part number that is why...peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Awk08
yeah, that too :)
Howzit. Thanks will try . This I know chexited yesterday and the smaller one was glogged wiith mud. Cleaned It. I f i clean alk of this and it still does the same what else can be the problem?? As i am close to selling it and moving on..

gas from tank to carb goes through the float needle valve set#9/10 it could be dirty getting stuck...either not letting fuel in or flooding it by staying open

carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

Howzit. Thanks will try . This I know chexited yesterday and the smaller one was glogged wiith mud. Cleaned It. I f i clean alk of this and it still does the same what else can be the problem?? As i am close to selling it and moving on..
Please take no offense, but if you are considering selling your blasty because you are having a little fueling problem, you just need to go ahead and sell ur bike. I have not been working on my blaster long but let me tell you with these bikes you WILL be working on them. They are fun bikes but they need constant maintenance. If your willing to work on them they are fun and we are here to help. If not buy a Honda 4-stroke :)

Hi. Thanks for all the help. Dont wanna sell it just frustrating because I cant ride the thing. I love my blaster just wanna get it right.

Part of the enjoyment of the hobby is wrenching on them. Heck, awk was just whining because he hasn't had to work on his. So he bought a motorcycle to customize :confused: :D

Wether 2s or 4poke, you can end up with a dirty fuel system. Hope you flushed tank out while messing with it.
Either by a Clymers repair manual, or find the PDF download.
Maybe someone will give you a linc to it.