BLASTER IN SNOW??

Carlson1984

Sep 13, 2008
Hey guys, just wondering how many of you ride your blasters in the snow. I thik it will be a lot of fun, but its gotta be hard with just rear wheel drive correct?? Never have riden in the snow, so just wanted some opinions of how it is, and if its even possible? Thanks!

you get stuck alot if its deep i get my buddie to go ahead of my with his 4x4 to pack it down some and the tires barly grip so you spin alot but it is fun

i dissagree mine went throught the snow better then my scrambler 400 4x4 just if u start to get stuck rock the quad from side to side it always works for me

well, idk about a blasty. but my suzuki i take that peice straight through it. its like balloon tires in water. you move, but very slowly its like hovering.

does any 1 no if they make snow tracks for a blaster ??..
this lt500 seems like it does pretty good with them ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken my blasty through the snow just last winter, If I kept my trails packed down, I would have no problem getting around, but after a big snow fall....I have trouble.

blasters can go on snow well but keeping it in a straight line is almost impossible also you have to change gears as your wheels spin so much. i know someone that was on his blaster but as he was only going like 5mph he stayed in 2nd even though he wheels were spinning really fast and he should have been in like 5th so he blow his motor.

I didnt ride mine a whole lot out in the snow but it was kinda fun and sorta challenging. you can run those tire chains for small car tires and they go pretty good. and they are cheaper then the tracks. just dont hit the real powdery deep stuff and sink its a long walk back to home to get your sled to get your quad out of the snow. lol

i do fine like someone else said rock side to side when geting stuck i dont have any major problems..

im gonna try the paddles on the snow this year...havnt rode the blasty in snow yet should be fun!...its fun when the snow gets packed and u make a slippery track!!!!!!!!

i cant wait till it snows we dont get much so i expect it wont be too bad to get around in someone told me that sand tires work good in deep snow