Blaster clutch

Trailblaster25

Aug 23, 2024
Got my dream atv recently a blaster was wondering about my clutch it has good action on the lever and an aftermarket adjustable distance motorcycle lever, however when putting itin first gear if i dont give extra fuel it died because even with the lever set out all the way and pilled all the way in it seems to grab in first if i give it gas in first with the lever all the way in it will move does it need adjusted? I cant seem to find a video on this anywhere

I would be looking at your clutch basket for deep grooves. It sounds as if the clutch is completely open when shifting in to first and its wanting to go. Usually happens when clutch basket is grooved and plates start sticking in said grooves vs able to slide up and down on a smooth basket surface.

I would be looking at your clutch basket for deep grooves. It sounds as if the clutch is completely open when shifting in to first and its wanting to go. Usually happens when clutch basket is grooved and plates start sticking in said grooves vs able to slide up and down on a smooth basket surface.
I will look into it thank you