Blaster Case Saver

Here how my case saver is going to work. Maybe you can figure it out from the pics. Im using completely different mounting holes from previous designs. Still a work in progress. I almost have it fitting all the way on the case half with the blue on it. Still need to clear some material to make it fit. Then i can bolt that piece down then machine the shape of the sprocket and chain path in the back side of this plastic.
This design will not alter the fit of the stator cover. You will remove original chain guide for this to fit with a dremel or something. Lemme know watcha think. O yeah there is still alot of material on the outside diameter and other places dont worry ill chop it down need a place to hold it for machining

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: Blaaster
So this will actually cover the sprocket up, and we will have to remove our original guard section on the stator cover? HMMMM , I kinda like the idea of not using the stator cover bolts to hold it on! I'm tuned in, any pics of it mounted with bolts??

you leave the cover on. u just cut the chunk in the corner of the cover. Have to remove sprocket to install tho. My kit will come with 3 longer bolts for the case because thats where its bolting on and the fit of my part will help keep it strong because it is tight on the major diameters would take pics of it mounted but its not fit all the way down needs to air grind a little and keep using the hi spot blue thats on the case to see where its hitting when i put the case saver on

make sure that there's enough clearance for a 14 tooth sprocket and chain in there!!!

this looks like a really cool design though! staying tuned in!

you leave the cover on. u just cut the chunk in the corner of the cover. Have to remove sprocket to install tho. My kit will come with 3 longer bolts for the case because thats where its bolting on and the fit of my part will help keep it strong because it is tight on the major diameters would take pics of it mounted but its not fit all the way down needs to air grind a little and keep using the hi spot blue thats on the case to see where its hitting when i put the case saver on

Ok, Cool! will stay tuned! You have about three weeks till my build will be ready for one!!! I:I I:I I:I

so... Hal is lazy, and a bum, and doesnt have a working computer at the moment, so I'm uploading these for him
XrVyo.jpg

y2YxK.jpg

uKWBQ.jpg

XfUV8.jpg

6QSZE.jpg

7uTbJ.jpg

Zo3R0.jpg

pIVqt.jpg

trHYy.jpg

zcRvB.jpg

It's pretty much finished. Now need to fit on my blaster and make sure it clears the swingarm figure bolt lengths.

That is awesome looking, However looks like the chain will not fit on the sprocket, buy the one Pic, the sprocket looks like it is bolted flat?

Great idea! I just love it when a project comes together. Green on the way!

I notice that you are using a pretty worn 13 tooth sprocket.

Will there be enough room in there for a new 14 tooth and new chain?

I am going to make a mold for this so it can be made in color and reproduced quickly. This setup fits 14t I got the measurements. The sprocket is just laying in the piece for referenc the white insert represents the.13 t sprocket and chain and there is a gap to represent the clearance for 14 t. Pic might .not show it that well. Hard to take pics in floursent lighting

Believe me I thought about it.
I put over 50 hrs of my time in this so.far. took a lot of thought and time jus to figure out the machining procedures and the right order to cut without cutting away too much. Will try to put it on my blaster this week or nxt wknd.

with using existing cases bolts, will one be able to get the correct torque on them to hold the cases tight together. just seems like a lot of plastic there that could compress? just one concern of mine. also, how about making it go around the shifter shaft, like freaks case saver and maybe covering the thing with a aluminum plate?

I still have to counter bore the bolt holes and the plastic will b fine and won't compress if there is a problem u just put sleeves in to stop the bolt like the original case cover has I believe. The saver locates on the shift boss I dont get what u r saying and I can't make the plastic super thick anywhere either because when u mold it the super thick areas get bad sink and shrink. Mayb assembled pics will help ur imaginations. Jus wait about a week

Last edited: