blaster blew up again

mudslinger200

Aug 26, 2007
well this is my first post besides the intro but my blaster seized up tonight i was cruising pretty fast but i dont think i was over reving or anything but once it cooled down it started right back up but thats the third time thats happened but the first time it melted the piston and scored the cylinder pretty bad so i bored it and put a piston in it then it did it again but didnt score the cylinder so i just got a new piston in and got the oil block off kit and mixed it to 32:1 and tonight i think i caught it early but dont know why it happend. i was wondering if its the jets becuase it does have a pipe on it and and k&n air filter but the guy i bought it from said he put new jets in but just went right in the middle of the 5 different ones so if you guys have any ideas why that would happen that would be great because im kinda clueless im trying to learn how to work on these things so if you could give me wat you think that would be great thanks josh

what pistons are u running? have you drianed the old transmission fluid? and put new fluid in? it sounds like your blaster is overheating

yea i think it is lean becuase the plug was a little black and i have changed oil and now im running a weisco piston

i had the exact same problem the guy who fixed it s the guy who builds all nacs motors and he said it was cuz the piston expanded i run 20 to 1 ratio is that to lean for a motor with a ported and milled head???

well this is my first post besides the intro but my blaster seized up tonight i was cruising pretty fast but i dont think i was over reving or anything but once it cooled down it started right back up but thats the third time thats happened but the first time it melted the piston and scored the cylinder pretty bad so i bored it and put a piston in it then it did it again but didnt score the cylinder so i just got a new piston in and got the oil block off kit and mixed it to 32:1 and tonight i think i caught it early but dont know why it happend. i was wondering if its the jets becuase it does have a pipe on it and and k&n air filter but the guy i bought it from said he put new jets in but just went right in the middle of the 5 different ones so if you guys have any ideas why that would happen that would be great because im kinda clueless im trying to learn how to work on these things so if you could give me wat you think that would be great thanks josh

when you had it bored who did it? was it just some local machine shop?