Blaster 2002 help please.

Ryan Bazeley

Mar 31, 2014
Shetland UK
Hi guys,

I have a 2002 Yamaha Blaster which I bought last year. The unusual thing is it has rear hydros. I do not know the make of the calliper so sourcing brake pads is impossible. I was hoping that from a couple of photos you guys may be able to direct me as to what I need.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20140526_191740.jpg
    20140526_191740.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 20140526_184604.jpg
    20140526_184604.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 20140526_184559.jpg
    20140526_184559.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
someones been fabbin :)
thats not a stock blaster hydro caliper, nor is it a gsxr caliper like i use, but similar......dual opposing pistons, 2 solid mounting points and one pin in the middle that holds the pads into the caliper.

any markings on it ? ....nissan, tokico, brembo ?

i'd like to see how it's mounted onto the carrier and the brake pads out ?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response! :)

Yeah, I assume somebody has done some work on it.

The only marking on the calliper is that small symbol you can see in the 3rd pic.

It is mounted to the hub with a small piece of aluminium between the two to get the right fitment.

I can get a pic of this in a couple of days. I can take the pads out tonight and get a photo of them up as well.

How does the rest of the setup look? The brakes are entirely useless so maybe new pads will help. I did bleed the brakes but it didn't help much.

Any other ideas? :)

I got all the fluid out of it and it was black to maybe new seals on master cylinder and a good bleed with new fluid should help. It did stop before, just very slowly. The level stayed at the top as well so no leaks I guess.

Here are some more pics. Anybody got any clues what pads I need and maybe the make of this thing? That symbol on the top pic is the only ID on it!

Cheers,

Attachments

• brake 1 copy.jpg
    brake 1 copy.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 265
  • brake 3 copy.jpg
    brake 3 copy.jpg
    657.3 KB · Views: 245
  • brake 2 copy.jpg
    brake 2 copy.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 258
got me stumped, never seen a caliper, marking, or pads like those

What you have there, looks like a hokey bunch of crap. You don't show it mounted, but I'm sure that the bleeder screw is not at the top. If the bleeder screw is not at the top, there's no way to get the air out. anyway, I would junk the whole works and start over. Start with an 03-06 footpeg and brake pedal. Then a master that you know where it came from. Then weld tabs on the frame. The caliper that you go with kind of depends on if you have a fixed or floating brake disc.

That mark to me looks like it says made in china lol. You can message AWK about his brakes he sells, everybody on here likes em

I will try bleeding it when it is back together and see what it is like. What kind of money are we talking for a rear hydro setup (not made in china). That lad on here sells setups does he? I have just spent around £450 on the Blaster recently so another couple of 100 is not ideal but a rear brake would be nice tbh!