banshee project

Surfrjag

Mar 18, 2010
chesapeake, va
guy i work with had this baby sittn behind his house for a while. motor is locked up but i think i can get it fixed up. might take me a little while but i figured i could get a few pics of it now before i start tearing into the poor thing:D
Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS81MTc.jpg

not sure exactly what im gonna do with it but mainly a trail bike so not anything crazy. prob just ported and pipped. chances are i wont get a whole lot of tlc for this till i get home from busco this next weekend but we will see.

Sweet project , my shee is currently living in a filing cabinet , literally .... The frame is getting stripped and painted flat black , and hopefully I'll have it back to a rolling chassis by end of summer . Have fun with it , sheds are sick to ride

2011-06-22084238.jpg

got a goood deal on these so maybe ill runnem. gotta talk to the builder though :)

2011-06-22085428.jpg

was also able to get the head off and measure the bore thats stock! and get it free'd up some at least i can take the jugs off.

Last edited:
wow shes rough bro!! but i am sure it will look totally different when ur done, good find, ur lucky to come across someone who doesnt want an arm and a leg for it, lol

Thats alot better then what I started with even though I'm not complaining at all. Don't get crazy on the porting and you should have a very trailable bike.
Locked motors are gold mines- it's a 2 stroke how bad could it be?
Take it from me it's your life check the ball joints for wear. Check the upper and lower arms and the tie-rods for any slop and replace the arm or by new joints for the tie-rods. Check the swingarm, shock, and pivot arm bearings.
My shee had the swinger bearings seized, the shock bearings rusted up and the pivot arm bearing shot.
Def go through the motor with all new bearings and seals.
Sit on it and see if the rear shock is blown it's kinda common.
Pull the gas tank and see if it comes out freely, if the shee has been tweaked or rolled it won't.

Thats alot better then what I started with even though I'm not complaining at all. Don't get crazy on the porting and you should have a very trailable bike.
Locked motors are gold mines- it's a 2 stroke how bad could it be?
Take it from me it's your life check the ball joints for wear. Check the upper and lower arms and the tie-rods for any slop and replace the arm or by new joints for the tie-rods. Check the swingarm, shock, and pivot arm bearings.
My shee had the swinger bearings seized, the shock bearings rusted up and the pivot arm bearing shot.
Def go through the motor with all new bearings and seals.
Sit on it and see if the rear shock is blown it's kinda common.
Pull the gas tank and see if it comes out freely, if the shee has been tweaked or rolled it won't.

Awesome knowledge i didn't know! Rep Brutha!

thanks paulie!! i kinda looked over the frame but never thought about the tank trick. and good idea to check over all the joints as a failure could end up disasterous for me. hopefully i will get started working on this tomorow.

nice find bro !!!!!!
lookin for a shee myself to replace my sons blasty eventually,
just so we have one of each,
the shee i ride when at oconnors place is soooo much more comfortable for havin the 'ol lady on the back,
i mentioned the trade up to my son and didnt get any complaints, hahahaa

well i finally have some progress to report on this banshee. i had the crank looked at and replaced the bearings on the outside for safe measures. i then took the base gasket and trimed it to fit the bottom of the cylinders and then transfered it over to the cases and port matched them. should be assembling it soooon!
2011-07-27224234.jpg

2011-07-27224241.jpg