Banshee axle in a blaster? a few questions?

S

SoloVRT61

Well the threaded end of my blaster axle snapped off tonite while i was doing the rear wheel bearings..So i want to replace the rear axle..I need to know if it is as easy as just replacing the blaster axle with the banshee axle..

1. will the banshee axle fit in to the blaster rear bearing carrier?
2. do i need to use a spacer of some sort so the axle sits center? or will it be center once its in the carrier all the way?
3. will the blaster rotor fit and still sit in the same placing keeping it lined up with the blaster caliper?
4. will blaster hubs fit on the banshee axle?

I think thats it..Thanks

I was going to throw one on mine. I've heard that they do work, I've never done it though. Just wait and someone will know, or you could buy a crappy one just to see if it alligns and then let us know. haha j/k someone has the answer.

you can put a banshee axle in a blaster carrier, i do belive you will need the banshee rotor an rotor hub for the axle because the blasters wont fit. No you do not need a special spacer to sent it it will add 1 inch on each side. You put it in just like you would a blaster axle.

you can put a banshee axle in a blaster carrier, i do belive you will need the banshee rotor an rotor hub for the axle because the blasters wont fit. No you do not need a special spacer to sent it it will add 1 inch on each side. You put it in just like you would a blaster axle.

Are you talking about an aftermarket banshee axle?? or a facotory OEM banshee axle..From the atv forums i have read...the people who have done OEM banshee axles on early style blasters say you need the spacer..and Roccdezzy says you need the banshee carrier, brakes, brake hub, Its a different story eveywhere..How are you so sure? thats what I want to know..I need some proof here...Is this is just word of mouth info?

Last edited by a moderator:
the link I posted is exactly what Roccdezzy did according to him.

I wouldnt know Ive never woked with the banshee axl.

If your going to get an aftermarket it might as well be a blaster, instead of the banshee. People say the G-force is the cheapes new and its good. IDK, I have the dura-blue its ok, I had to send 2 of them back b/f I got a usable one. Thier Quality Assurance dep. sucks.

Are you talking about an aftermarket banshee axle?? or a facotory OEM banshee axle..From the atv forums i have read...the people who have done OEM banshee axles on early style blasters say you need the spacer..and Roccdezzy says you need the banshee carrier, brakes, brake hub, Its a different story eveywhere..How are you so sure? thats what I want to know..I need some proof here...Is this is just word of mouth info?

The reason for changing carriers would be so you could put the hydro setup on it, you don't have to its just an upgrade but also remember you'll have to buy the carrier, hydraulic caliper, hoses, master cylinder, then mount the master cylinder to the frame. An i am talking an OEM banshee axle.

03-06 modle Blaster are compatable witht eh Banshee axle..i dont think 88-02 blasters are with out modding the rear carrier and brakes..

kk bc i wana get an extended axel n my friend has got a bunch of banshees so maybe he;lll give me one

since you have an 06 blaster your good man..

BTW i have a random question for you..I see in your mod list you have the UNI ai box vents..When you installed them..did you feel anything? I would doubt that you would notice a mod like that..but i was just curious to hear..

Im not him, but I would say he probablly felt/feels a small gain.

when I was running my mostly stock blaster (the one with the LRD and jets only) I took off the snorkel to the air box and that made a noticable difference. I had to rejet for it also.