Baja 1000

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Anyone here ever think about racing baja? these days privateers basically have no chance , but a bigger group of people running a team makes it easier . I'd love to see a pile of blasters tearing up the desert , would be a bad ass time . Something to think about .......I:I

im always up for a challenge except some i know i wont do cause id kill myself. like 1 for instence my buddies step dad said hey ill build you a ramp to jump are creek but its about a 70 foot gap an u go over 3 trees that are like 20 foot tall...... i look at him an go i know im crazy but im not stupid... i know it could be done but im not a big fan of leavin the ground after i wrecked hard core an had to get over 300 stiches 3 layers deep an i could see an touch my bone. that part was awsome lol

im always up for a challenge except some i know i wont do cause id kill myself. like 1 for instence my buddies step dad said hey ill build you a ramp to jump are creek but its about a 70 foot gap an u go over 3 trees that are like 20 foot tall...... i look at him an go i know im crazy but im not stupid... i know it could be done but im not a big fan of leavin the ground after i wrecked hard core an had to get over 300 stiches 3 layers deep an i could see an touch my bone. that part was awsome lol
Was this you?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that I have done Baja...it's that I have WON baja......

is there any fairly in depth info on that thing? not that i'd ever be able to do something like that but i love seeing things that others have built and maybe get some ideas for my lowly trail/harescramble build i have going on. not to mention i think the idea of riding a blaster in Baja would just be nuts

Theres piks of a couple of my bikes on here somewhere. logistics is hell (pit support)...
You dont die in mexico, they put whats left in a helicopter as fast as they can and get you back to the states.

Theres piks of a couple of my bikes on here somewhere. logistics is hell (pit support)...
You dont die in mexico, they put whats left in a helicopter as fast as they can and get you back to the states.

where can i see the article in which you were featured in dirtwheels or espn??? or something else in which you where feature with the blasty.

I wonder whats the cost to enter and I did read somewhere there are Pit Teams that you can pay to get fuel , and so on , I wonder how much premix a 240 would gobble over 1000 miles? The night part is a head trip , I can see why some people would consider sleeping a few hours till dawn then get back on it and just finish within the 32 hour time limit . Phragle , did you run it ironman? or have a couple riders?

we had 4 riders total..you are allowed I believe a max of 6, the entry fee used to be around a grand...not sure what it is now..

Attachments

• 050-Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21_21_.jpg
    050-Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21_21_.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 160-Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18_34_.JPG
    160-Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18_34_.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 150-Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23_04_ [800x600].JPG
    150-Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23_04_ [800x600].JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 244
wow, thats some pretty awesome stuff, i like the cut up front end. how much suspension travel did that thing have?

Have you all looked at the Dakar series? It' s much longer and more elaborated than the Baja races. There is a quad division as well as trucks, dirt bikes, and semi trucks. The last couple of years it has been held in south america between argentina and chile. There's tons of footage on youtube if you want to check it out. SBS Dakar Rally 2010 also has awesome coverage I:I