Anybody "stuff" their body ends ? :

TERBOboy

Feb 14, 2010
upper NE Iowa
Ok . I know it sounds like something else ... but in all seriousness .. has anybody here stuffed their bottom ends ( cranks ) , or messed with the intake or exhaust timing and or porting ? And if you did ... what performance gains did you get ?

Just wondering if you people realize that by tuffing the crank, you are decreasing volume and by using reed spacers you are increasing volume?? It puzzles me because (not bashing here, because I realize a lot of you are new to 2 strokes) it seams a lot of people do all kinds of mods because its the popular thing to do without thinking about exactly what the mod does...

On to the original question, decreasing volume can increase velocity thru the transfers. as much as 1 mm can make an apreaciable difference in the exhaust port. In general terms a higher exhaust port (with accompanying other work) increases top end while a wider exh. port helps low end/mid range. Porting is a lot of slide rule work and trial & error to really perfect, to much for my brain so I forcus on suspension and leave my motors to people who know what they are doing.

The most I have really done myself is a basic cleanup raising the exhaust port 1mm and widening 1 mm on each side, milled 30 thou off the head and used a 34 pj, decent pipe and no lid..made a good difference.