any way to make a uni setup ?

It will be fairly straight forward, but will require fabricating a new swingarm, brackets and reinforcements on the frame, as well as machining the links.

It will be fairly straight forward, but will require fabricating a new swingarm, brackets and reinforcements on the frame, as well as machining the links.

we non machinsist, could always use your ideas for brackets
and just use a factory (400ex/450r) shock/dogbone setup ??

3f33a9a8.jpg

ac92aa35.jpg

That is classic Nick! I laughed for a while!

we non machinsist, could always use your ideas for brackets
and just use a factory (400ex/450r) shock/dogbone setup ??

Definitely a possibility. Dimension constraints might be the only issue, but like the say "where there is a will, there is a way". Im sure there is a linkage out there somewhere that would be close.

well blackstar take alot of pics cause i opend this thread just to see if anyone done this.if u do i wanna see how and ride report anything about it just seemed to me a better suspension setup if done right

o and i got uni link from older dirtbikes idk why said uni link should of said pro link for the right term sorry to confuse anyone

I got ya. Uni-link, Pro-link, Full floater, etc were just propriatery names from linkage suspension that the different munufaturers used. The correct term for the wide range would just be linkage. One I get started I'll put up plenty of pics.

Thought about doing the whole link thing, was going to cut out the front cross support on the stock swinger and make a mount on the frame for a 400ex link.Just havnt had time to do it so i went with a dual rate set up on a 400ex shock works great.