98 blaster help

I agree the yz is hard to start in the cold but my CR and blaster start actually within 3 or 4 kicks granted they both have fresh rebuilds CR less then 20 hours blaster less then 10 and the guy we got them off of today had them garaged and they kicked quite quickly

Does the kick starter issue have to do with compression/ air leak or is that something on its own did I explain it thourghly?

nobody knows buy the $30 dollar compression tester at a auto parts store and do compression check.
if it checks out okay 120psi is a ideal reading if it is lower then 120 psi then it is not soo perfect
it could be the kickstart gear assembly..........
if you are seeing bubbling visual that is bad and will effect compression reading as in
if i pumped my tires up with a pump that was leaking welllll i would not get anywhere's.
make sure torque is set to specs on head and base gaskets.
oem base gasket/or cometic gasket is a must for longevity...
it probably has a airleak as you describe it which will result in low comnpression as well
cuz it is frying it self...............
another post of air leak lol:)
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/about-air-leaks-save-your-engine.55537/#post-763164

Reactions: Markblaster
That makes sense on the air leak making me have low compression after a few kicks I can understand that I have a compression tester somewhere i need to dig out.. hoping these seals will fix the problem because it honestly runs great besides that

i will add just because a top end has a good compression reading
does not mean everything is spinning freely.
hold the front brake in on a 250 stroke where are you going to go ?
effin nowheres...or even your car or truck..
crank bearings or case bearing will stop a 50hp engine with 190psi or 200 psi from moving.
ask me how i know:)

as far as a kicker gear falling dead on its face well time to dismantle something and inspect..:p

Kick starter spring back up after you kick it of it stay down and you have to move it up with hand or foot?

So what're you thinking do the seals and see if it fixes the problem?

Seal / air leak will not be helping. Have you checked the spark plug condition also?

Haven't yet probably going to head there today if not Tuesday and look into the issues more change plug air filter change oil ,gas etc

So I just pulled off the stator/flywheel cover and this is what the cover looks like inside I'm assuming that is because of the bad seal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
Looks like a mix of water, oil, fuel, mud.

Have you replaced the crack seals yet? Leak tested.