49cc pocket quad

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
So I got one for free. However I bought a entire new engine for it because it was cheaper then piecing it all together. Any who, I now need to know how to wire it. There's 1 black wire coming from the coil. Does that get grounded to the frame? And if I wired in a kill switch do I just need to break the ground? Any help would be awesome.
image.jpg
image.jpg

if its anything like a weed eater that wire will kill spark.i would wire it to a kill switch wire other end of kill switch to a ground
Ok that makes sense. Now is the kill button a on/off or just a momentary button you push in then it pops back out? Thanks by the way. I didn't even think about the weed wacker.

as long as it grounds the motor out it will work as a kill,dont quote me on this but the kill may need to be grounded to the motor and not the frame,since all electronics are mounted to the motor

Reactions: dirtysquared
as long as it grounds the motor out it will work as a kill,dont quote me on this but the kill may need to be grounded to the motor and not the frame,since all electronics are mounted to the motor
So I can test it. It should run the way it is with nothing hooked up. I just can't kill it. But once it's running if I try grounding that wire out on the frame or the motor it should die.

Built many of those for my daughter, n big bore kirs. Do yourself a favore n rio it back out n disasseble ditch gaskets n get higher quality gaskets n rvt n thread lock all bolts, than lap exhoust flange flat n intake manifold flat, make sure piston rings are installed correctly n not in a row..... Trusttt me those outta the box r good a week.... My daughters current midded big bore rips issues free 1 year now. She got it new on her 2nd bd, stock engine lasted 2 weeks, threw a new crate engine, lasted 2 months, bought another "race engine" stripped it, re did everything and it was the best thing i ever did

Built many of those for my daughter, n big bore kirs. Do yourself a favore n rio it back out n disasseble ditch gaskets n get higher quality gaskets n rvt n thread lock all bolts, than lap exhoust flange flat n intake manifold flat, make sure piston rings are installed correctly n not in a row..... Trusttt me those outta the box r good a week.... My daughters current midded big bore rips issues free 1 year now. She got it new on her 2nd bd, stock engine lasted 2 weeks, threw a new crate engine, lasted 2 months, bought another "race engine" stripped it, re did everything and it was the best thing i ever did
I'll look in to that. We're you running the motor at 25:1 premix? And do you know what size chain mine uses?Unfortunately I don't know the make/model. Thanks

25H they mostly are length varies i cut mine to length. I ran her first at 25:1 n didnt like the ratio, ran her next on bean oil 50:1 n it carbonized it to hell... Now i run her on 40:1 and i like it...

I just wanted to put out an update. So I got the bike started today. Started after 4 pulls. Adjusted idle and she's good to go. I have a new thumb throttle on the way and kill switch. Grounding wire on motor does kill it. I ran it up and down the street. Sluggish with my 200lb body on it, but once it s moving it moves. Probably hit 20-25 mph. Little hesitant to put the boy on but that's what the tether and new throttle is for(so I can limit speed). All in all pretty excited and way cool!

Reactions: bummer981