450R Rear Shock Not Fitting

waffle429

Feb 12, 2014
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
So I'm rebuilding a blaster and I bought a 2012 450r rear shock and Ken OConnor's conversion bushings. I went to mount the shock and it's not fitting. The reservoir is hitting the frame (yes, I cut off the mount) and I can't even get the bolt through. Any thoughts?

you got the bolt with kens bushings ?
the original blaster bolt will not work

i've used mid 2000's 450 shocks before, maybe they changed them up a little in the latter years ?

pics ?

Yeah I got the bolt from ken too. Here's a pic
image.jpg

is that a honda trx 450 shock ?

gimme a pic from the top looking down in showing the bushings and shock eye

that does look slightly different than the ones i've had, the resiviour is completely to the right, further than i remember, lemme look for a pic, BRB

here's the only pics i have of a 2005-ish trx450 shock on my blaster...........

HPIM1867_zps755814ff.jpg

HPIM1870_zpscc0ebd6d.jpg

does this look like the same shock to rezzie offset you have ?............
HPIM0894_zps332d5c30.jpg

aaaaahhhhh, i ran the 450 shock before i used kens bushings, i had brass homemade inserts for the smaller bolt, and spaced the shock the whole way to the left with washers....
HPIM0897_zpsf82ee5b6.jpg

HPIM0898_zps6101f278.jpg

you'll need to run at least that shifter side bushing on the outside of the mount so you can space the shock eye over as far as possible to that side, and you'll be fine.
on the trx250r shocks, i run both bushings on the outside, as the shock eye is too big to run them on the inside.
works just the same to allow the smaller bolt for those honda shock eyes.

and yes, that airbox lid snorkel tube has been heated and re-arranged for the rezzie, you'll be better to lose the lid altogether and rejset for it

Yeah my reservoir is much further offset.
View attachment 9314
I'll try to play around with the spacers and see if I can get it to mount

yep, thought i recognized a difference.
prolly not going to fit, as you see the little gap i had with the older version of that shock.
might be time to resale that one on ebay and find an older one ?