440 for Mootsman

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
Heres a before and after. Was '72 non hp with A/C and the crap cam. I Ported out the 906's and stuck some double springs on new valves, pretty nice cam, intake and a Holley to breathe through. This will be the first motor in the car and as time and money allow I have the '69 block in storage. The car is '69 Coronet R/T sitting on the rotisseries loving hands now.

A

Very NICE!!! You sure revived that thing. So, you are doing the rotisserie resto on it?

I bet you can't wait to hear that beast fire up. Love the black valve covers...looks really mean like that. Now, I'm a chevy guy myself, but it always made sense to me to have the distributor up front like so many other manufacturers. I get tired of climbing around trying to reach mine.

What color is the Coronet going to be when complete?

Probably wind up like this

I'm going to probably go Black/Red like this. My car is probably actually 1 of 1 with it's options. I have the fender tag, title and bits and pieces of the broadcast sheet. It was a black car with white stripe and white vinyl top. Had a blue interior, the N96 hood (dual scoop) and the 440 with the rally dash. If I ever needed the thing back to original it's just a stripe and some interior work, I have all the docs. I figure if I gotta spend a couple years, it's going to be pretty much the way I would of ordered it from the factory. It also helps that one of best friends owns a Mopar resto shop. I leach off him all the time and do alot of welding side work for him. I don't have the room to pull off a full rot. resto, so I get to use his shop and he gets cheap mig/tig fab work.