38 tooth rear sprocket

OldSkoolBlaster

Mar 15, 2009
Will a 38 tooth rear sprocket from a Honda TRX 450R fit my blaster?Do they have the same bolt pattern? Thanx

I know that in order to run a 38 tooth rear sprocket on a blaster you have to grind the sprocket carrier a lil' to allow the chain to sit down on the sprocket all the way.I have heard of using a honda sprocket carrier to remedy this.I was just wondering if the bolt patterns are the same.Rocky Mountain does not list any smaller than a 40 tooth for the blaster, and I am currently running a 14T Front/41T Rear.

I know that in order to run a 38 tooth rear sprocket on a blaster you have to grind the sprocket carrier a lil' to allow the chain to sit down on the sprocket all the way.I have heard of using a honda sprocket carrier to remedy this.I was just wondering if the bolt patterns are the same.Rocky Mountain does not list any smaller than a 40 tooth for the blaster, and I am currently running a 14T Front/41T Rear.

Well I have heard that aswell, but a few people have said TAG 38t sprockets require no grinding.

As far as the Honda sprocket carrier, which carrier is it? and does it have the same amount of splines as a stock blaster one?

^^ ive read to stay away from tags sprockets... they are fine and all but wont last near as long as a steel sprocket. just get the 38t and grind the sprocket hub down a little no biggie