36mm PWK Jetting

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
I will be jetting my wifes blasty as soon as I get the motor back from Ken Occonor. Just looking for a starting point. Mods are 240 sleeve, hot rods 4mm crank, port and polish, V force 3 reeds, trinity stage 4 pipe, 4 degree timing advance, lightened flywheel, 36mm PWK, CFM airbox, K&N filter with outerwear, and I will be running a B9es plug. I will be riding at 0-1000 feet. The carb has a 162 main, 42 piliot, and I'm not sure what needle. I have a jet kit from 150-160 and I also have various piliots. I know I have to do plug chops and dial in the piliot. I have never done this before and I would like to close when starting. Thanks in advance for your help!

boy, for all those mods, i'm gonna guess your pilot is gonna be in the low/mid 50's range
main in the mid 160's+ range
alot of us use the "dgh" and "cel" needle in the kehein 34/35's
but you may need sumthin a little richer

heres some kehien info, and a call to CPW got me straight on my needle bog, dude knows his sh*t !!!.....................

Keihin ATV Carburetors

Untitled4

Jet Needle Changes for PJ,PWK and PWM Carbs

Sweet! I figured I would use the try the 162 main that's in there now and see where that puts me. I prolly should have ordered a 160 through 170 kit then. I have a 52, 50, 48, 45, and 42 piliot jets. I guess I'll start with the 52. I'm going to fing out what needle I have in there tomorrow. I know how to test the main with a plug chop, but I guess everything else is done by sound and feel. I will definetly call CPW on Monday.

sounds like your on the right track, just wanted some confirmation
i'd try that 50/52 pilot first, the airscrew setting where it idles the highest will tell you what it wants...........
under 1/2 turn out = richer pilot
over 2 turns out = leaner pilot
check the float height setting too while your in there, it must be in spec before any jetting is done

Could you point me in the right direction on float height settings. I have a manual, but unfortunatly that won't tell me anything about this 36mm.

here ya go..............

Keihin Carburetor Tuning

16mm for pwk 36, measuered like this, with float bowl gasket removed.....

4785-float-height.jpg

Awesome! Not only do you fabricate some bad ass brakes, but you got all the answers too!! I will check before jetting.

Awesome! Not only do you fabricate some bad ass brakes, but you got all the answers too!! I will check before jetting.

but i still haven't found that one elusive answer......why do we invest all this money into a blaster ????

I get asket that all the time. I bought this blaster for my gf. It got low on compression and it had a 68mm piston in it. So I decided to do a complete rebuild. I never thought I would have close to 3,000 dollars into it. I paid 700 for it cause I looked at it as cheap fun. I just ordered all the maier fairs for it yesterday. Cost 580 dollars from project blaster. The good thing is it will be fresh and done! I will take some pictures of it when I get it back together.