30mm carb question

1990 blasterguy

Feb 15, 2009
hey guys i just bought a fmf fatty came with the power core2 silencer 140$ bucks.Plus a cpw racing carb for 50$ sweet prices ay.i put the exhaust on kicked it right in the head from the stock pipe i ran it to 6th wide open held clutch in and killed the bike.Plug was still the same as the stock pipe nice brown tinge crazy.went to my dealer he said don't even put that carb on he said it would blow it up i was like wow.Because i went ther to see if i could get some reeds to go with the racing carb he said no way if its workin good now he said just leave it kinda pissed me off.so do any of you guys know if it will blow my top end i thought maybe getting the reeds with the racing carb would make it work better.please i need some info i def want to put that carb on theres a 400 ex waiting to race my blaster and he got mods oooyeeaaa can't wait every body around here say mine will crush.:)

your dealer is an idiot ,oh .. and your going to likely be beat by that 400ex either way

well its worth a try if i beat him i wll laugh if not should be neck in neck.but would i have to buy better reeds thats what i need to know.also do i need to port the head to make it work.what will all these aftermarket parts do to my blaster.will i notice a difference in performance not like my dealer said boom bang toast i know it should work thanks for the info flotek.

You will absolutely notice a difference. Do me a favor and go smack that dealer lol. Carb size doesnt matter its the jets that count. Well after so big it will be to much for the blaster, but wont blow up.

right on thanks unstock240 but will i need reeds or just run thr stock reeds that i need to know.my theary is bigger carb you have more air and fuel.that is my only concern if i need a high performance reeds to go with racing carb.ya i will tell my dealer the guy on the forum laughed and that he is wrong i think they are a place that perfer stock quads i think thats why he was like that dam idit thanks guys.

a set of boyeson reeds will give u better throttle response, but wont really help with the top speed, as far as ur dealer goes ask him if a yfz450 can run on a 26mm carb and see what he says lol

ya blasterfreak30 i will see what he says.so ya im going get a pair of boyeson reeds which one is better and will i need a boyeson cage or just us the stock cage .im not sure because someone told me you have to have the boyeson reed cage to.thanks for the info guys atleast i know i can run it i will just check out the plug to see how shes runin.

dealer is a dipshit man,lol, haha, i like that freek, anyways, ur carb will work, just make sure you tune it, go with the vf3's ur throttle response will be amazing, port job will f*ckin make that thing run like a hooker from a cop, with my mods i run a 34mm and it is really nice, you DONT NEED them, but it will run better with the reeds, get some carbon flex if you can't get the vf3's.