300 posts to use marketplace insane!

not insane at all. filters out the d-bag scammers for the most part.

Or you could donate $10 (yearly membership) to help the forum stay open and use it today!

There were apparently a bunch of scams a while back when the marketplace rules were much more lax. People would sign up and hit up a few posts to be able to use the marketplace and then mess people over out of money. Membership voted and that was the compromise struck. To make sure someone isn't just going to jump on here and try to take people's money, you have to have at least 300 posts or be a supporting member (and have 30 posts I believe).

It's for the safety of the members, not the convenience of the newbs.

i actually dont see how becoming a supporting member would save any buyer here.think of it.
if i was a scam artist i would spend 10bucks to sell sh*t i dont have and make a few $$$ then split
make any sence?

It stops come and go sellers, you know the guys who show up to sell parts then are never seen again.

read the title!

You can pay 10 bucks and sell all you want here or you can go to ebay and pay atleast 10 bucks or more PER item you sell there in ebay fees and then paypal fees so I think 10 bucks is a fair compromise. Sorry if you don't like it but we do and it ain't changing

I think if people get scamed its there own fault, a scam artist could post 300 posts too. any way u go about it scam artists will find stupid people to screw, it happens, its life.

Well, by the time someone has wasted the time to sit and post 300 posts, you'd start to figure them out too... most of their posts would be dumb and unrelated to the threads they're in.

Most people who are out to make a quick buck glance past the forums that have rules like this in place and find ones who dont.

Its actually a pretty good failsafe. I own a forum myself (CelicaTech - Welcome to CelicaTech) and after I did something similiar (I didnt have it set to 300, I have mine set to 30 or something low but it still works), Ive had much less crap go on in my buying/selling section.

Agreed fully on the 300 posts, I didn't wait till 300 and paid as I wanted to support forum regardless, but people forget that even if you don't have 300 posts you can use the PM to buy and you can always PM people with parts you have if they post it up in the wanted......seems to work fine IMO

IMO 300 posts is a bit steep, i think 100 would be plunty... it still takes a hell of a long time to get to that (ive been here a year and still havent reached 300... which is semi ridiculous )

I fully support the 300 posts for a non-supporting member to have the opportunity to mess over someone.... 30 posts can be made up non-sensically but if someone posts up 300 BS posts, EVERYONE on the forum will know not to deal with them.

If the person is willing to support the forum, they can post in the classifieds much sooner than 300 posts. Revin-it02, you're a supporting member with 30 posts... you can use the classifieds...