285cc BB stroker on ebay

im willing to bet you,thats not a +6mm crank

You may be right the 265 is not a stroker kit so with a 75mm bore and a 57mm stroke its a 252cc but on its last bore at 77mm its a 265cc... So if the 285cc has a 75mm bore and a + 4, 61mm stroke you have a 269cc but at the last bore you have a 284cc.. NOW the +6 stroker 63mm stroke and a 75mm piston you have a 278cc, but on the last bore at 77mm you have a 293cc..

Do the math>>>>>Everything2Stroke - Calculate Displacement

You may be right the 265 is not a stroker kit so with a 75mm bore and a 57mm stroke its a 252cc but on its last bore at 77mm its a 265cc... So if the 285cc has a 75mm bore and a + 4, 61mm stroke you have a 269cc but at the last bore you have a 284cc.. NOW the +6 stroker 63mm stroke and a 75mm piston you have a 278cc, but on the last bore at 77mm you have a 293cc..

Do the math>>>>>Everything2Stroke - Calculate Displacement

when i called trinity they said the 285 has a 6 mm crank!

i know,the math works out to 278.3255cc,still not 285cc

i could be wrong,what exactly did trinity tell you about this engine how they did it im curious?It just doesnt look like a 63mm crank to me,ive seen a few in my day.To do one the right way the crankcases will need alot more work then what his reciept shows.

Or they did it the cheap easy way and machined most of the meat off the bigend of the rod and cut the thrust washers down,with that kinda rod angle your asking for disaster.Just looking at the crank,and how the cylinder head is machined it just dont add up
I could be wrong if you can get it for 350 bux thats reasonable even if it turns out its not what they say it is,i dunno exactly what they did or why they would wanna use a spacer plate and compound the problem you run into adding that much stroke.If anyone on here is bidding on it i just hope its what the seller claims it is,only one way to find out i guess

i know,the math works out to 278.3255cc,still not 285cc

i could be wrong,what exactly did trinity tell you about this engine how they did it im curious?It just doesnt look like a 63mm crank to me,ive seen a few in my day.To do one the right way the crankcases will need alot more work then what his reciept shows.

Or they did it the cheap easy way and machined most of the meat off the bigend of the rod and cut the thrust washers down,with that kinda rod angle your asking for disaster.Just looking at the crank,and how the cylinder head is machined it just dont add up
I could be wrong if you can get it for 350 bux thats reasonable even if it turns out its not what they say it is,i dunno exactly what they did or why they would wanna use a spacer plate and compound the problem you run into adding that much stroke.If anyone on here is bidding on it i just hope its what the seller claims it is,only one way to find out i guess

all i asked when i called is what mm crank they used in the 285 builds whether the rod is machined or not i have no clue i figured either way for the price i cant go wrong as it will just be a back up motor

Trinity had a 240cc, 265cc, 285cc, 300cc and the 285c may have a +4mm stroker and the 300cc may have the +6mm stroker but you can make a +2 and +8 stroker with the right rod and off grinding the crank.. and i have seen different people in the past that had a 310cc and 295cc and 280cc blaster..

I'm gonna leave this motor alone for u super mod masters honestly this is too advance for me. If it was a complete motor bolt and go i'd jump on it. Hope u win dude! I:I and keep us posted on the motor. I'll be watching it on ebay

The last time i called Trinity it was around the year 1999 and the gave me different info but who knows who i was talking to and if i remember right...lol

unfortunately depending on who u talk to sometimes u get bad info. as an example when 3 whlr called elka he was told the stage 4 blaster rear shock does not have a bearing mount on the lower swingarm end of the shock yet when i called i was told they do and every stage 4 ive seen has one??? lol

Look at the pic does the rod say HOT ROD6 ??? I did not think Hot Rod made the +6, i thought some one else made it...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKigE0nShMhUEBNY(YeTmSQ~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKigE0nShMhUEBNY(YeTmSQ~~_3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 105
In that pic, do you see the 2 oil holes on the top of the rod at the 10 & 2 positions. The rod that I had in my trx was the same and thats right where the rod snapped and took out my piston and cylinder. I contacted weisco and sent what was left of the rod to them and I was told that it was a manufacturer's defect and that rod should have never been sold. They were nice enough to refund the cost of the rod but I had to buy a new piston and cylinder. I hope that whoever gets that that its suppose to be manufactured that way

it just says hot rods the S looks kinda like a 6.

here are 2 pictures of a +6mm crank i had in my old blaster,this was a vitos +6mm crank with the conrod big end machined down to about half the thickness.Notice even after the rod and thrust washers were cut down how much the washers and rod stick out from the flywheels.

Attachments

• Img_0018[1].jpg
    Img_0018[1].jpg
    53 KB · Views: 93
  • Img_0020[2].jpg
    Img_0020[2].jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 115
In that pic, do you see the 2 oil holes on the top of the rod at the 10 & 2 positions. The rod that I had in my trx was the same and thats right where the rod snapped and took out my piston and cylinder. I contacted weisco and sent what was left of the rod to them and I was told that it was a manufacturer's defect and that rod should have never been sold. They were nice enough to refund the cost of the rod but I had to buy a new piston and cylinder. I hope that whoever gets that that its suppose to be manufactured that way

thats a hotrods rod and my rod on my 4 mm crank was the same way

wait so 442, are you going to be getting the la sleeve cylinder punched out to make a 285 or are you going to run the 240 with the +6?