250r vs 400ex

for teh guy who said "race for slips and pull teh 400 home with your R". you got that backwards my friend..unless you like burning up clutches...use the 400 which has a torque-y motor, and pull the R home. they are both well built hondas, so dont let it hurt your pride much that a 4 poker is pulling a 2 smoker. (thats the way it should be....why do you think utility quads are usually 4 strokes????) use your head.
Ouch!
A smack that hard almost deserves some rep.
Actually, I do indeed think it was earned!

I was running with a banshee in a wooded trail and he had a hard time keeping up or I had a hard time keeping up. It all depended on where we were on the track. As for the 400ex, we both could wheelie pretty easily and for a good distance. We were both neck and neck in drag races and in the woods, the tighter it got, the more I would pull away. Even on the straights.

blasters are no stranger to wheelies either....just gotta know how to do em....thats all i did on my blaster, and it was ALL STOCK!!! i have a pic somewhere.....i just dont have a scanner...

yeah, i suck at wheelies, i need to practice, but all there is, is ice and snow round here, no traction, and also thatis so true, man, a 250r is not a pulling machine, neithere is a zilla, blaster, banshee or any other 2 stroker, 4 pokes have us in a vise grip in the pulling department, but we still kick their a**es anywhere else, haha

yeah, i suck at wheelies, i need to practice, but all there is, is ice and snow round here, no traction, and also thatis so true, man, a 250r is not a pulling machine, neithere is a zilla, blaster, banshee or any other 2 stroker, 4 pokes have us in a vise grip in the pulling department, but we still kick their a**es anywhere else, haha

true... when my trx 250x lost the master link from the chain we took the master off the blaster and put the 250x chain back on and towed the blaster back to the parking lot, 300bb puls nice hehehe..

man, what you said about blasters not being slow wheelie machines, i can prove you wrong with mine, i have my 22inchers on and i was in 1st and poped and rode the slowest blaster wheelie ever, i feel kinda proud, i think.

I think you'd be into a 400ex with well over a grand in mods (assuming you wrenched it all yourself to save on labor) to get it to beat a pipe 250r in a drag race or draging on a hill. The 400ex is an awesome ultra reliable machine, but it would take a pretty good massage to beat your R.

250r and 400 ex share the same frame with minor difference. plastics will swap. everyting will swap excpet the engine, and rear subframe. 400's have removeable subs, with integrated grab bar. 250s dont.

ports arent different from trike to quad..same engine..liquid cooled R trikes and trx250R quads HAVE THE SAME ENGINE!!

and yes i have heard of a joke, but the fact of the matter is i was posting what i know to be fact...4 strokes have teh torque to pull thats, all. wasnt trying to be serious or a dick, so calm down....its the internet...dont take stuff so personal....