250r owners question

PikledBeats

Apr 19, 2010
Idaho
So wondering is their a way to remove the rivets from a 250r silencer in order to open it up or replace the end cap or is it just unable to be re-packed/opened ...

if its just a regular rivet just drill the head of the rivet and it will fall out the cap should come and you repack then just rivet it back on. If you dont have a rivet gun there are there are hand ones that are like 5$

my lrd and f7 blaster silencers were both riveted on, use the correct size bit, to only drill the center of the rivet out and as stated above it should just fall out, then replace with the same size rivet, or i used short self tapping screws, slightly bigger than the rivet hole, so they can be removed for the next repack

if its just a regular rivet just drill the head of the rivet and it will fall out the cap should come and you repack then just rivet it back on. If you dont have a rivet gun there are there are hand ones that are like 5$

This was what I was thinking but don't have experience doing this so was a little leary if it would be that easy ... I'm gonna ask ny buddy who knows metal a little better to see if he can re-rivet it as I don't wanna f it up never having done it before

all that fancy fab work on that bike and scared of a rivet ????

my lrd and f7 blaster silencers were both riveted on, use the correct size bit, to only drill the center of the rivet out and as stated above it should just fall out, then replace with the same size rivet, or i used short self tapping screws, slightly bigger than the rivet hole, so they can be removed for the next repack

good call this is what I wanted to do replace with screws

lot easier than I thought ... just drilled em out .. the whole thing pulls out easy and replacing with self tapping screws for future re-packing needs

lot easier than I thought ... just drilled em out .. the whole thing pulls out easy and replacing with self tapping screws for future re-packing needs

forgot to mention, i used a little high temp copper on the threads of the self tapper's, they worked their self loose the first time without it

Yea I know ... I amaze myself with some of the stupid sh*t I ask but hell better safe than sorry

thats what this place is for, get a general consensus then pull the trigger
chances are very good someone on here has done sumthin similar

xx2 awk ive asked some dumb questions and im sure more will follow.
If it was me i would rivet it, looks better and c'mon was it hard to drill em put and pop a new set in? how often do you pack yours?

If you are not sure, it is dumb not to ask questions!

No matter how dumb the question seems someone will benefit from the myriad of answers.