250 trail blazer

i'd ask to do a compression check, and if that checks out to the suggested psi, and everything suspension wise is tight....buy it.
looks like a real nice quad for the $

Reactions: MercMenace
if anyone wouldn't let me do a simple 5 minute compression test, i'd be suspect and he'd be looking for the next sucker as i walked :)

Yeah thats what i am looking for for jon. He has zero experience with a clutch and not much more on quads in general. The price is suspect to me. The same year quad is for sale for 1800 twice.

I will bring the tester.

Although on flat ground he did really well. Ruts scared him.

I bought the wife a trail boss 250 (same motor) for $300 because it didn't have spark. PO had a law mower style fitting crimped on the end of the coil wire. Lol. I screwed an Ngk boot on from another coil and it fired right up.

Very simple low maintenance/performance motors. There are no reed valves, it uses a piston port design. The clutch is also very simple and HIGHLY tunable.

I put an aftermarket pipe (AAEN), UNI filter, and rejetted the carb. Also put a stiffer clutch spring in it (like a stall converter on a car it engages at a higher rpm). The oil injection is very reliable and is still on the bike. The wife likes it.

I only did the pipe and filter because I refuse to ride a stock bike. I wanted to send the cylinder up to KOR, but the wife said "Leave it alone, that's why I don't like the blaster".

These are fun machines,, your 12 year old should be very pleased.. The price looks good, if things check out I would grab it..

my brother got one when i was 4 or 5.
not the best experience i had when i was a little kid, my dad started it in the snowmobile trailer and it was so loud i got scared and cried lol (true story)
anyways, good quads, indestructible (trust me, my bro and i are good at that sh*t)

one thing i say to check, is the case by the front sprocket. i just say this because we threw 2 chains into ours.
the first just had a little crack that leaked, the second put a nasty hole in it.

if dirty, clean it off with your finger and look at it (not sure how accessible it is)

but check for cracks or JB weld or anything that shouldnt be there. cases are hard to find for these

Thanks Herp. I will. I am going to check it out after work. I really hope it checks out. I think I bent an A Arm on the blaster so this would be fun for the whole family. Thanks for all the input Guys.

Went to look at it. started up after 15 seconds. Drove nice till i got a bit away from the owners place. I opened it up and it coughed and sputtered. took it immediately back. shut it down and told him what happened. I offered him 800 bucks. he started blaming me for wrecking it. I turned and walked away.

I was leaning toward carb, that's what my issue was with the blaster. dude was a serious Jack Wagon. I imagine I was the first one to look at it. Who knows maybe it's never been over 1/2 throttle. It was in really good shape otherwise.

Brings back a bad experience lol. Went to look at a blaster and not even riding it 10 seconds it shuts off. Went to kick and stuck. Oil leaking from the cases. Owner said your buying it and I said hell no and he said I broke it so I should buy it. I told him that's what he gets for trying to sell a pos to someone.