240 kit

dirtbikerdude

Oct 30, 2008
So is there a real noticable difference between stock bore and the 240 big bore. Yes i know there is a 40cc difference but what im trying to ask is, is it worth it.

thanks

Most of the power comes from porting. The vitos 240 has upgraded port layout somewhat so if you port the stock cylinder you should net about the same gain. In my opinion you would be better off getting it ported than spending the money on a 240 kit. Not to mention the cost and availability of forged pistons.

if you want max power get it ported it should be around 175 for a port job and 75 for a head mill.

Heres a power description a stock ported cylinder would beat a out of the box big bore. thats how much power porting can do for you.

talked to these guys about motor work. they all have accounts on here and have all had GREAT reviews
flotek
ken oconnor
chutzel (spell)
wildcard

Yeah, the power is in porting and ability to move air. A properly ported 240 will spank a ported 200, but a ported 200 will spank an unported 240.

When I had my engine ported by Ken O'Connor, I asked about the 240 kit. I pretty much only had money for one or the other (cause my jug was bad and i needed to resleeve, or replace the jug). He told me an unported sleeve in a stock jug will be run down by one of his ported stock cylinders. He said the moneys all in the porting, so I took his advice and spent LESS money, and just had my 200 ported out. I know Id have made tons more power with the ported 240, but as it stood, I couldnt even really afford what I got, so I picked it.

Id port your 200 and ride it till it dies. Then Id upgrade to the 240 kit. Its my understanding a ported 200 is a helluva machine, and youll have a lot of fun with it. Once you outgrow the 200, sell that jug (or trade for someones, plus cash), and have the new one resleeved and ported (or just get the vitos or LA Sleeve jug and have it ported).

Either way, the power is in the porting, not the displacement. If it was in the displacement, wed be making more power than those 125cc dirt bikes, but they make more power than we do with less displacement cause their porting and everything is much more aggressive than ours... stock.