2001 Blaster/ has compression/no spark need help.

Smokey B

Nov 16, 2008
Hey I just got a 2001 blaster from a friend and it won't start. Can't get any fire. I checked to see if it was getting gas and it was. Has a new spark plug but still get's no spark. I was told to check the coil or the stator. Can anyone helpme out?

i dont think it could be the tors cause most of the time when they act up it will have some type of spark .. it could be the cdi or maybe the stator ..

I looked at the stator but I don't know how to test. Still looked fairly clean. How do check stator/cdi?

You have to pull the flywheel to check if its clean..You cant tell without pulling apart..Use a test light on the Black and red striped wire..This is your ignition wire..On mine it ended up being corroded flywheel and used steel wool to clean up..I also had to replace the woodruff key was sheared..Its most likely not the CDI but you need it..The CDI controls acts as an electronic points and condenser which has something to do when it fires the engine but is a must or bike wont run..Also check all your grounds and possibly clean where they connect..All this helped me but could be few other things..Kurt