1994 Rear Brake Disc/Rotor Question

Blasito

Apr 17, 2012
NJ
i bought this 94 a while back and have rebuilt it from the ground up. It was missing the rear brake set up but i've manage to get most of the parts i need except for the caliper bracket and a few pieces that i think hold the rotor onto the rear axle at the splines. was wondering if i could get away with just having the rotor with its hub on there without the clamps and whatnot (parts 4, 5, 6, and 7 in the picture)
blaster caliper assembly.gif
and just let the caliper hold it in place. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Number 4 are dust covers. They prevent dirt and crap from getting to the splines and locking the free floating rotor up. The clamps- #6 and #7- are not available anymore new. So finding used might be a task. #5 is the bearing dust cover and should be used at all times. The caliper does hold the rotor in place but the rotor needs to float, so all the parts are needed.

Reactions: Blasito
Number 6 is available at bike bandit and rocky mountain. It is possible to get four and make two tighter to replace number 7.

I wanted to replace mine threw the dealership and they were discontinued. So if those other places claim to have them, call and make sure before ordering.

The rubber boots are still available new threw the dealership. I got new ones since my oem boots were toast.

thanks for all the feedback guys. ill look into getting the dust boots. In the meantime, im working on making a bracket for the caliper but im not sure on the dimensions just yet. looking for a diagram with dimensions, but not having any luck. may just wing it. thanks again for the help, and if anyone has a spare bracket lying around, and wouldnt mind taking some measurements, it'd be very appreciated.