1985 250r rear shock

Aug 8, 2013
missouri
I found a 1985 atc250r rear shock on eBay. Will the atc shock work on my blaster? I've read that the trx250r shock is better than the 400/450 shocks. But is the trx250r and atc250r rear shocks the same?

from my experience , none of the shocks you mention will bolt right on without raising the back of the quad considerably. you'll also need the ken oconnor racing shock conversion bushings

I had a now blown 87 trx250r shock, it raised the grab bar 6", I moved the lower shock mount back 1-1/2" to set it back to near stock height, that was with a +4 swingarm.

it now has a yfz450 shock on it and I can't tell the difference between the 2.

from my experience , none of the shocks you mention will bolt right on without raising the back of the quad considerably. you'll also need the ken oconnor racing shock conversion bushings

I had a now blown 87 trx250r shock, it raised the grab bar 6", I moved the lower shock mount back 1-1/2" to set it back to near stock height, that was with a +4 swingarm.

it now has a yfz450 shock on it and I can't tell the difference between the 2.

I dont want to do it but as far as having infor for blasterkid, ur yfz450 shock is also bolted on your moved rear shock location i am assuming?

Now what if someone were to keep the stock shock location and use a rear lowering kit? Essentially it would lower the height of the reae to accomadate using the longer shock and be a "bolt on" in a way?

Food for Thought

ok thanks guys. also i found a few fox sled shocks on ebay, are they any good? im running banshee fronts but im looking for something better

ur yfz450 shock is also bolted on your moved rear shock location i am assuming?

Now what if someone were to keep the stock shock location and use a rear lowering kit? Essentially it would lower the height of the rear to accomadate using the longer shock and be a "bolt on" in a way?

Food for Thought

yes, yfz450 with drilled bottom mount, on that +4 swinger with the lower mount moved back 1.5"

someone on here tried the lowering blocks with yfz450 front shocks and swears it did not, and will not work.
I assumed and asked the same thing, lowering blocks would allow longer shocks, but the one person who tried says differently