100mph?

fox396

Feb 3, 2011
pa
i want to get my blaster to hit 100mph next year. im buying a port and polished 240 big bore and a 3mm stroker crank for it. anyone think its possible for me to get to 100 with these mods and a rediculous gear change? im not doing this practically im going 15t in the front and ill probably get one made for the rear with 30 or 32 teeth with 22inch tires. i wont hardly be able to pull out with the gearing but on a drag strip i want to hit 100 eventually. then put the gearing back to normal. anyone think its possible?

Why would you want to hit 100mph anyways? It would take you a long time to get to that speed and by that time the other guy would be long gone on a drag stip. Dont focus on top speed focus on getting to a decent speed really fast.

With the porting and gearing it would require you couldnt take it on trails.

Why would you want to hit 100mph anyways? It would take you a long time to get to that speed and by that time the other guy would be long gone on a drag stip. Dont focus on top speed focus on getting to a decent speed really fast.

With the porting and gearing it would require you couldnt take it on trails.

no thats what im saying its impractical. im not going to do it permenantly to ride that way. i want to gear it up do a pass and change it back. ill need a 1/4 mile to get it to top speed im not racing anyone or trying to get there quickly i just want to do it for sh*ts and giggles. i can say yeah i did 100mph on that blaster. it would be impossible to trail ride that way. it would be hard enough to pull out.

I think it's possible but it's going to take more than changing gearing and more power.

You need to look into DOT tires, off road tires may disintegrate at that kinda speed. You need a lowering kit all the way around to reduce drag and may want to look into a steering stabilizer and an anti-roll bars. A tiny imbalance at that speed can become a VIOLENT "tank slapper" and rollover.

I think it's possible but it's going to take more than changing gearing and more power.

You need to look into DOT tires, off road tires may disintegrate at that kinda speed. You need a lowering kit all the way around to reduce drag and may want to look into a steering stabilizer and an anti-roll bars. A tiny imbalance at that speed can become a VIOLENT "tank slapper" and rollover.

those are my biggest concerns haha

With enough power, it's possible in a 1/4 mile. I know someone who's crazy enough to build one "on the raggedy edge" enough for that kinda project. ;)

I said with his mods it aint happening!! Now if 100 mph is possible on a blaster you surely need high speed tires of some sort and serious horsepower to do it in 1/4 mile. Just a BBK ported you need a 1/2 mile in my opinion with the right setup includeing gears ect ect. 100 mph is pushing the envelope on that frame. Good luck to anyone with enough gonads to try it on a stock frame.

I said with his mods it aint happening!! Now if 100 mph is possible on a blaster you surely need high speed tires of some sort and serious horsepower to do it in 1/4 mile. Just a BBK ported you need a 1/2 mile in my opinion with the right setup includeing gears ect ect. 100 mph is pushing the envelope on that frame. Good luck to anyone with enough gonads to try it on a stock frame.

LMAO! Agreed, with JUST a big bore kit and stroker crank it's not happening in 1/4 mile.

I think a stock frame could do it but the entire suspension would need to be reworked. Now that I think about it, the stock front shocks even on lowering blocks wouldn't take that kind of speed.... You would need a LOT more dampening than they provide.

put the 40 tooth gear up front and the 14 tooth in the back, and find the steepest, longest hill you can

Reactions: Chevytrucks72
so this pretty much sums it up, its possible, but the way you want to do it is impossible, its gonna take some crazy ass mods and stuff that will take lots of money, if your just building it for one pass for "sh*ts and giggles" i'd scrap the idea.......

Lol, I'll just wish you good luck, and I hope the results wind up on Youtube so we can all see what happens when you go for it.

At 100mph, I'd be most concerned about the front-end setup on a stock Blaster frame. Sure, you can bolt on the proper tires, better shocks, brakes, etc...But how well can you set up a front end for high-speed operation. Caster, camber, alignment?? Its very possible to get it exactly right, but you're not gonna get there with just a tape measure and an angle finder on your garage floor.

This would be a lot easier & a lot cooler!!! :D

2ugpd9t.jpg

JATO FTW!